An HOUR to get into Lucas Oil Stadium????

2 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

DCI did screw up, but actually it was mainly the fans fault for the long lines. Not having their bar code open before they reached the entrance, (really?), and the majority of people foolishily brought bags with them. Why?? My group of five knew enough not to bring a bag or purse, and we simply walked around the long line to the entrance line without bags. We were inside in five minutes. People seem to have lost all common sense today. 

DCI screwed up: CORRECT

Everything else: WRONG.  

FYI: my barcode would not scan on Thursday.  They told me to go ahead.  

Lucas Oil event staff were instructing folks how to navigate security lines & to have their mobile tickets ready to scan.  From what I witnessed, fans were ready; DCI was not...    

Edited by keystone3ply
CX
  • Like 1

I took a clear bag all week and don't regret it one bit. I threw our own water/soda and snacks in there. Each day the bag checkers shrugged and could care less. They were more interested in my portable phone charger. Maybe I was just lucky this week but the gate people were very friendly. It actually proved to be a smart move as the lines for concession were pretty darn long and of course to avoid those Oil Can prices.  

It's always been pretty smooth there.  I've taken Subway footlongs and other fast food in the past.  A couple of years, I've even brought my own beer when they allowed backpacks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Phantom56 said:

DCI did screw up, but actually it was mainly the fans fault for the long lines. Not having their bar code open before they reached the entrance, (really?), and the majority of people foolishily brought bags with them. Why?? My group of five knew enough not to bring a bag or purse, and we simply walked around the long line to the entrance line without bags. We were inside in five minutes. People seem to have lost all common sense today. 

Well, a group of high schoolers with their chaperones standing behind me in line did not have bags and they waited the same amount of time as I did. Many people who had to wait did not have bags. I also had my barcode ready and it wasn’t scanned. The young woman looked at it and told me to go.

I was at Fenway Park in Boston a few weeks ago. All ticketing is electronic. If a person is not prepared, they move you out of line. If a person has issues due to the app required, they have someone ready to assist. You prepare for problems. This did not happen.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

when you buy a ticket, there's usually gate info on it.   Example.  Barclay's Center (Brooklyn Nets) on their tickets have "Entry: (street name) or (avenue name)  Section (##)" 

There's also an email sent 1-5 days out reminding attendees of entrance policies, gate info, changes from regular operations.  

If this is missing...  woof. 

Clearly stated EAST GATE on ticket & I received the "know before you go" email from DCI.  But that info does 'zero' good if you don't have enough gates and/or scanners.  Again, I witnessed this first hand in Murfreesboro. 

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Not having those gates open for exit if a disaster occurred, is a really bad idea. 

i exited through the north gates when the show ended,  not sure why they were locked for you

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I took a clear bag all week and don't regret it one bit. I threw our own water/soda and snacks in there. Each day the bag checkers shrugged and could care less. They were more interested in my portable phone charger. Maybe I was just lucky this week but the gate people were very friendly. It actually proved to be a smart move as the lines for concession were pretty darn long and of course to avoid those Oil Can prices.  

It's always been pretty smooth there.  I've taken Subway footlongs and other fast food in the past.  A couple of years, I've even brought my own beer when they allowed backpacks.

I had no problem with the bag checkers or ticket scanners, either.  After a couple of people on here suggested I bring in my own water, I carried it in my hand and no one said anything so I continued to do that.  Really helped that I didn’t have to wait in line for a bottle of water. That’s all I ever get in there. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I had no problem with the bag checkers or ticket scanners, either.  After a couple of people on here suggested I bring in my own water, I carried it in my hand and no one said anything so I continued to do that.  Really helped that I didn’t have to wait in line for a bottle of water. That’s all I ever get in there. 

ok so note....water like substance in a water bottle and i can get it in. NICE!

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, C.Holland said:

The real questions are, how many gates were open?  We’re they all along one side, or on two sides? 

were attendees smart enough to walk to the shorter lines? 

You are clearly young, agile, and mobile with lots of energy. Please remember not everyone is, and it isn’t the fans’ fault no one receiving money from this enterprise was directing traffic.

I am plenty smart enough to have made enough money in my career to give it to DCI and the corps, but stupid enough to have trusted Marching Music’s Major League to have competently organized their marquee event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1