4 DAYS TILL DCI SCHEDULE RELEASE?

58 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I don't know much about tour models, but whatever can get Bloo to California works for me.

I don’t think Bluecoats have toured in CA since 2009. There used to be somewhat of a rotation between the big corps heading to the west coast. I don’t suspect we’ll see that return anytime soon. If ever. 😢

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I don’t think Bluecoats have toured in CA since 2009. There used to be somewhat of a rotation between the big corps heading to the west coast. I don’t suspect we’ll see that return anytime soon. If ever. 😢

It dawned on me last season after being away so long that I may never get to see midwest or east coast corps live again. I'm grateful for the digital age for that reason. At least I get to see them on screen!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

It dawned on me last season after being away so long that I may never get to see midwest or east coast corps live again. I'm grateful for the digital age for that reason. At least I get to see them on screen!

With the tour steadily shrinking and corps folding/going inactive, I’ll just be happy if the activity survives at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I don't know much about tour models, but whatever can get Bloo to California works for me.

I wouldn’t count on Bloo (or any other Corps from east of Rockies) coming to California in the foreseeable future.   Save your money & go to Indy. 

edit:  save $ & join a California (or other) Open class Corps (iirc you play synth?) and go to Indy via tour.  (This assumes that Open Class get to watch quarter & semi finals after performing- does this still happen?). 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Further pontificating

I would disagree with the notion that New England is no longer a stronghold of drum corps.   While it is true that we no longer have 5 "World Class " corps within a 15 mile radius of each other as was the case in the 80s, what city does?  Every show I go to in the Boston area is either sold out or nearly so.  There are four DCI shows in this area on the 2023 schedule, and I will wager at least 3 of them will be packed as usual.

Also, we are excited to host the Cadets, Phantom Regiment, Mandarins and Bluecoats this summer.  For the record, the only corps who will not come to New England is Crown.  Even the California corps come.  All are welcome.

Drum Corps is alive and well in New England!

Edited by craiga

2 hours ago, craiga said:

While it is true that we no longer have 5 "World Class " corps within a 15 mile radius of each other 

No offense, but one WC corps (nominally) based in Boston doesn't maintain "stronghold" status (compared to the IL/WI/IA triangle, where you have four finalists and one past champion still active and fighting, each within 3 hours of each other).  The NE could use a regularly scheduled major tour with 6 finalist corps (one being BAC) playing venues in MA, CT, NY, and NJ (not technically NE on the last two, but close enough). There's a fan base that wants some WC top level action, and it makes no sense not to service it with live shows.

Edited by Slingerland

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

edit:  save $ & join a California (or other) Open class Corps (iirc you play synth?) and go to Indy via tour.  (This assumes that Open Class get to watch quarter & semi finals after performing- does this still happen?). 

Hmm 🤔 It's almost like I had a marching experience that turned me off from being in a corps myself. Can't quite remember though

Sarcasm aside, I don't know if this happens. When I went to Rose Bowl there were some kids from Gold sitting close to me, so possibly. BTW if you haven't seen Gold's 2022 show, I highly recommend it. So cool I could mistake it for World Class

5 hours ago, crownisking said:

With the tour steadily shrinking and corps folding/going inactive, I’ll just be happy if the activity survives at this point. 

Heard and agreed.

I'm grateful for what remains to this point... just hoping to make it to a home show someday if the opportunity arises. My enthusiasm for SC seems to startle smaller crowds in the middle of the country. 😅

• Thanks 1