Just an idea, SCV

On 3/7/2023 at 1:07 PM, scheherazadesghost said:

Right on. It's discussed in the 2023 Announcement thread.

Santa Clara has a minimum wage of $17.20, $2+ more than other areas in Ca.

I think a rrelocation is the 1st step in the organizations return to competition!

On 3/6/2023 at 11:21 AM, LuvsPAisTe said:

California is home to three other world class and seven other open class corps.  Before we start blaming CA for SCV's problems, why are the other CA corps able to make it?

For one Concord, Ca. is a $15 state minimum wage area while Santa Clara has a higher local minimum wage of $17.20

1 hour ago, fsthnds said:

I think a rrelocation is the 1st step in the organizations return to competition!

The Denton Vanguard just doesn't have the same ring to it. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

San Angelo Vanguard 

Victoria Vanguard 

Nacogdoches Vanguard 

Balch Springs Vanguard 

http://www.cisantaclaratx.us/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think moving the corps out of state will fix the board issues. The fact there are other Californian WC corps who are, let’s say, “getting by” says the opportunity exists for the Vanguard to rebuild in it’s home but it will take a complete overhaul of their BOD to make that happen. Would it make sense for the organization to make an outreach to some of their bigger donors? Many are successful business people. The CEO doesn’t really need to know all about drum corps….just how to run a successful not for profit. Just throwin’ the idea out there.

Edited by Sutasaurus

2 hours ago, fsthnds said:

Geography or minimum wage has little to do with getting back to competition.  Responsible management,  fiscally and organizationally has much more to do with fixing their problems than anything else at this point. Reset the org first. Reduce payroll, minimize spending and expenses.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

I don’t think moving the corps out of state will fix the board issues. The fact there are other Californian WC corps who are, let’s say, “getting by” says the opportunity exists for the Vanguard to rebuild in it’s home but it will take a complete overhaul of their BOD to make that happen. Would it make sense for the organization to make an outreach to some of their bigger donors? Many are successful business people. The CEO doesn’t really need to know all about drum corps….just how to run a successful not for profit. Just throwin’ the idea out there.

Overhaul the BOD entirely.  The structure of the BOD needs a reset/revamp.  Not just a one for one overhaul.  The BOD may need their own independent mission statement of supporting the corps.  Like “ We promise to take care of all  the kids by being wise in spending their money and taking care of their health physically, mentally and emotionally”.   “And we’ll do it by not relying only on Bingo”!

• Like 2