Troopers 2023

Sun prop was not rotating tonight in Madison ... broken?  or did the judges not like it?  Hope they add it back at least at the end of the show.

troopers brass this year is great. super intense. same goes to their percussion. really impressive playing this early in the season. outside of that, i really can't say i love this show. i'm not sure why, but at some point halfway through, they lose me. maybe i'm not understanding the show theme, or maybe im not paying enough attention, but this show just doesn't catch my eye a whole ton yet. hoping that changes, troop 22 was one of my favorites. 

1 hour ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Sun prop was not rotating tonight in Madison ... broken?  or did the judges not like it?  Hope they add it back at least at the end of the show.

Can;t  use if windy. How was the wind?

5 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

Can;t  use if windy. How was the wind?

Oh I hadn't considered the wind impact on it.  Yeah it's basically giant wind vane and additional wind power through it would probably over force the motor and damage that but perhaps also send it spinning dangerously out of control.

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh I hadn't considered the wind impact on it.  Yeah it's basically giant wind vane and additional wind power through it would probably over force the motor and damage that but perhaps also send it spinning dangerously out of control.

No wind at all.  Perfect night for drum corps

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

As a scientist, I will confirm that the sun spinning dangerously out of control would be a bad thing.  

• Haha 2