Controversial shows

33 minutes ago, Cainan said:

Animal farm was a giant middle finger to DCI and specifically the G7

1988 Suncoast Sound was a show basically about child abuse

The thing with animal farm was most of the paying audience had no clue 

• Like 2

I still remember loving that show on first watch in Ft. Wayne. Mostly for the music on the opening hit, etc.  I'm sitting next to a volunteer who was touring with BD.  About mid show we both look say at the same time, "wait....was that a G7 in the drill?"  Then get the widest grins as we start to put the dots together about what this show is messaging.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I still remember loving that show on first watch in Ft. Wayne. Mostly for the music on the opening hit, etc.  I'm sitting next to a volunteer who was touring with BD.  About mid show we both look say at the same time, "wait....was that a G7 in the drill?"  Then get the widest grins as we start to put the dots together about what this show is messaging.

The first time I saw it was at the theater show.  I didn’t know if I liked it or not at the time but it grew on me. 

18 hours ago, TRacer said:

Are you sure? Phantom played Firebird in ‘07, culminating in their “running like hell out of the block” move during the 2nd half of the push played in halftime. I was there with KAC too and the Phantom age-outs went nuts in front of me, especially when we rushed over the front sideline and in their face.

No, not anymore.  We both were there and saw the same thing, but I thought they reacted because they played Firebird too in 07.  I don't know how/why I thought that but I have for the past 16 years.  

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Do they still use G bugles in hell?    Pretty sure hell doesn’t allow pit, so dig out the marching tymps and keyboards.  

they use woodwinds in hell

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You left out bagpipes. 

That would have been Michael Boo’s (sorely missed by many) answer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2