Per the California Attorney General Vanguard is operating illegally as a non profit

My wife got to see a good friend of hers this weekend for the first time since COVID.  My kid and their kiddo marched at the same time, and theirs won a title with VC.  After hearing the story of this young person's time there, I'm ok if the whole org maybe takes more than a year to return.  They've got a lot to work on.

Mike

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

My wife got to see a good friend of hers this weekend for the first time since COVID.  My kid and their kiddo marched at the same time, and theirs won a title with VC.  After hearing the story of this young person's time there, I'm ok if the whole org maybe takes more than a year to return.  They've got a lot to work on.

Why we haven't all dropped what we're doing to address reports like this is beyond me. The members are literally the only people that matter. Student, customer, stakeholder.

A member experience audit is needed just as much as any financial audit.

My anger aside, thank you for sharing @MikeN. I'm humiliated to hear (again) that a recent alum left their season feeling this way. Unacceptable.

• Like 4

Curious on how SCV is doing on their road to 2024.  Has there been any update on an ED or BOD fix?  Is the org clear with the State of Cali AG?  How is the non profit status currently?  Are the cacophony of issues that have been raised by DCP’rs improved or action taken on?  

Edited by LabMaster
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Curious on how SCV is doing on their road to 2024.  Has there been any update on an ED or BOD fix?  Is the org clear with the State of Cali AG?  How is the non profit status currently?  Are the cacophony of issues that have been raised by DCP’rs improved or action taken on?  

I’m not optimistic there is a road to 2024. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Why we haven't all dropped what we're doing to address reports like this is beyond me. The members are literally the only people that matter. Student, customer, stakeholder.

My anger aside, thank you for sharing @MikeN. I'm humiliated to hear (again) that a recent alum left their season feeling this way. Unacceptable.

If I only read Drum Corps Planet I would think SCV was like Lord of the Flies.  I casually know one current marching member, a trumpet player whom I met because he works at my favorite Mexican food restaurant in Placenta CA (El Farolito).  He's from Orange County, loves SCV, and was really looking forward to this year, which would have been his age-out.  I've not seen him since the announcement and I feel awful for him. 

Yes, its anecdotal but I'm mentioning to perhaps provide a bit of balance.....?  

6 hours ago, LabMaster said:

2 hours ago, jameseuph said:

I’m not optimistic there is a road to 2024. 

At this point, it might be the best thing if there isn't a road to 2024.  They need a LOT of time to get their #### together.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

If I only read Drum Corps Planet I would think SCV was like Lord of the Flies.  I casually know one current marching member, a trumpet player whom I met because he works at my favorite Mexican food restaurant in Placenta CA (El Farolito).  He's from Orange County, loves SCV, and was really looking forward to this year, which would have been his age-out.  I've not seen him since the announcement and I feel awful for him. 

Yes, its anecdotal but I'm mentioning to perhaps provide a bit of balance.....?  

Holy moley do I welcome the good news. Who wouldn't?

That's the thing though. And I know this firsthand. Two members, marching right next to each other, can have wholly different experiences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

maybe they did report it.