2023 Blue Stars

17 minutes ago, flamparadiddlediddle1 said:

Ceiling now is probably 9th.   

FCO isn't just a bunch of letters 😏 it isn't over until August. If I have to be the only one with faith then I'll be alone but I will not give up. Still haven't had the first regional which means we still  3 weeks left. I get that DCP isn't really a fan of the show but if it can get cleaned it can move. 

The end crowns the work 💙

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

FCO isn't just a bunch of letters 😏 it isn't over until August. If I have to be the only one with faith then I'll be alone but I will not give up. Still haven't had the first regional which means we still  3 weeks left. I get that DCP isn't really a fan of the show but if it can get cleaned it can move. 

💪💪absolutely.!  

Edited by flamparadiddlediddle1

Completely random question here... do the Blue Stars have a certain number of "alternates" that move the props throughout the show, but perform in select features? I happened to notice there were 18 mellos in the feature where they're on top of the sugar cubes after the ballad, and then counted that there were also 27 trumpets (with what appears to be one hole), but for the rest of the performance I distinctly remember counting 16 mellos (and I'm assuming 24 trumpets).

If my assumption is the case, kudos to them for at least finding an avenue for alternates to perform a bit.

Edit: Also, ballad of the year, in my opinion. Never thought I'd hear Orville Peck in drum corps!

Edited by Musicman1084

13 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I’m a huge fan 

13 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I’m right there with you. I think many of us were hoping for a breakout year but that’s not going to happen. I love the show and admire the risks they’re taking. It’s bold!

12 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

I think many of us were hoping for a breakout year but that’s not going to happen.

This. 
The positives are that the Blue Stars are still going to be comfortably in finals and they have a possibility of moving up to 8th. In addition, this show isn't terrible despite its flaws. It has it moments. 
I think a lot of us who want the Blue Stars to succeed in the ranks are just disappointed and frustrated with the way things are turning out after last year.
The show design problems from years past have become issues again. The revolving door in the percussion caption hasn't helped any. Moreover, the talent of the corps was definitely overrated, this year. 
I'll conclude by saying where the Mandarins are finding success, this year, is where the Blue Stars are having their issues. 

Have to remember that mandarins had to get some people that marched SCV last year and returned people that would have possibly left to go there. That's huge in the activity. 

On the percussion side I would say stylistically it seems less than other groups around them (ignoring cavies because they are smoking everyone) and just needs consistency. Same situation as above where you need vet retention to improve the program. 

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Have to remember that mandarins had to get some people that marched SCV last year

Mandarins only have like five kids from the SCV A-Corps. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1