Midwest Premiere

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

That's extreme.

I got a text from one of the members of the corps saying that the show was canceled.

They could be wrong, but I don't know why they'd just say that when they want to perform.

Would make sense.  I would think for this type of cancellation it would be a mix of DCI main leadership, local leadership putting the show on (via advisement from local officials), and the heads of each of the corps attending. If the local leadership (via their local officials) deem it safe for spectators then it would fall on DCI Leadership and attending Corp Leadership to identify safety for their corps.  All of that amounts to, there is no policy but I'm sure the phones are going today with a lot of conversation and updates as the day goes on.  No one wants it cancelled, but if the data is so overwhelming to cancel it then they will.

• Like 1

I was just watching one of the chores practice and no one around. There said anything about it being canceled. And it seems the course would know if something was up first

P0

Cavaliers just posted drumline on Facebook with caption …”show beats on a show day.”

1 hour ago, dcifanforlife said:

Show will not be cancelled or delayed.  Photos from show site show site show a nearly clear sky.   If you read the Air Quality Alert for Rockford Mi.   The alert is for Sensitive Groups only.   Corps members are not in the Sensitive Group. Weather forecast is for 80 degrees and zero chance of rain.  DCI can't catch a break from some of you. You complain about everything.  Show is almost sold out and corps have already been paid their appearance fees.  DCI would be in violation of their Flo Marching contract and subject to being sued.   Let the season begin.

The show will likely be canceled. HOWEVER, if it is not, it won't be for any of the reasons you stated above. 

Shows are canceled all the time for weather and air quality, and Flo has yet to win any lawsuits as a result. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcifanforlife said:

Show will not be cancelled or delayed.  Photos from show site show site show a nearly clear sky.   If you read the Air Quality Alert for Rockford Mi.   The alert is for Sensitive Groups only.   Corps members are not in the Sensitive Group. Weather forecast is for 80 degrees and zero chance of rain.  DCI can't catch a break from some of you. You complain about everything.  Show is almost sold out and corps have already been paid their appearance fees.  DCI would be in violation of their Flo Marching contract and subject to being sued.   Let the season begin.

I’m in the sensitive group and I did 5 years of drum corps

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

The show will likely be canceled. HOWEVER, if it is not, it won't be for any of the reasons you stated above. 

Shows are canceled all the time for weather and air quality, and Flo has yet to win any lawsuits as a result. 

I was tempted to lay into his ludicrous statement that we all complain. Yes we all went a show cancelation, 

• Like 2