Midwest Premiere

3 minutes ago, brassboy said:

I agree with you, but good luck with this. This is DCP after all. 🥴

DCP is a lot like Alcohol....it's good in small doses, sometimes it can consume you without you realizing it, but too much and you do some dangerous and dumb things!  

• Haha 5

According to several websites I have just checked, the AQI (Air Quality Index) currently ranks Detroit as having the 4th worst air quality in the world RIGHT NOW. Chicago is currently number 2 and Minneapolis is 5. Three of the top 5 worst AQI scores WORLDWIDE are currently all in the upper  Midwest. I mean we are talking air quality only marginally better than Delhi India.

If DCI GENUINELY stands for the safety of the performers and audiences first and foremost, there is NO WAY that this show can be allowed to continue. ANY other call would be reckless and irresponsible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Hope the air quality doesn't hurt those corps for later.

When this evil smoke cloud hit NY a few weeks ago the news was saying that constant exposure to the air was like smoking 5/6 cigarettes in a day, which — having been something of a smokestack myself, back in the day — is the kind of thing the body can recover from if it’s an isolated period like this. That said, asthmatics or other concerned/vulnerable members should and no doubt will be allowed, by their respective corps, to sit this one out. Or at least I’d hope so  

And I agree with the above comment that there’s a difference between one day of exposure versus multiple days of rehearsal in these conditions and then further exposure, and that’s a calculation each corps can probably be trusted to make on its own. 

Personally I’d prefer for corps to not have to decide and for the show to be cancelled altogether, if anything. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

When this evil smoke cloud hit NY a few weeks ago the news was saying that constant exposure to the air was like smoking 5/6 cigarettes in a day, which — having been something of a smokestack myself, back in the day — is the kind of thing the body can recover from if it’s an isolated period like this. That said, asthmatics or other concerned/vulnerable members should and no doubt will be allowed, by their respective corps, to sit this one out. Or at least I’d hope so  

That was my thinking too. Those with asthma (or other health issues) could have a difficult time with this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spacewill said:

DCP is a lot like Alcohol....it's good in small doses, sometimes it can consume you without you realizing it, but too much and you do some dangerous and dumb things!  

Hey, I only do DCP if alcohol is readily available.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, brassboy said:

I agree with you, but good luck with this. This is DCP after all. 🥴

Hey it’s first show day. It could be finals week

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Chug!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Hey, I only do DCP if alcohol is readily available.  

Which is why you own stock in distillery’s right?

• Haha 1