Midwest Premiere

OK I gotta be the first to say a dumb drummer thing. Blue Stars.....that is some of the best battery tuning I have heard in YEARS. 

Really nice opener from the horn line. I'm definitely going to follow these cats this year a little more closely 

• Like 1

Only 94 members in the premier thread? I have been waiting since August of 2022 for this! 🤪

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Hope I’m not being negative just a little more honest this year 🙂

I didn’t see your posts in a negative way. Sometimes you gotta say it how it is. Phantoms hornline needs to work on the starts of their notes (from what I heard). Is it a bad show? Heck no!!!! They will grow into amazing maturity!

• Like 1

I know its a little early but if there are any Directors looking for a unique Drum Major podium contact Blue Stars

Cool opening night!

Blue Stars Brass sound great!

Don't understand the show at all...

Welcome back!

• Like 2

Wow, Blue Stars are sporting an innovative, fresh and VERY COLORFUL show this summer. I am loving the color palette and love that it changes. That green at the end is just stunning! I really like the music. It's different from Phantom yet both are just fantastic. BS is using the field well and boy are they moving. I think everyone was correct in their assessment that this Blue Stars corps is gunning for top 5. They absolutely are. So is Phantom. So is Cadets, and so are the Cavaliers. Talk about a fun summer. 

Blue Stars clearly have Phantom beat in visual. Both visual execution (which I thought was much stronger tonight) and also in visual analysis. Not much to change. Just clean. Phantom does not have much to change either, but a few little things and their feet are not as clean as Blue Stars. Both guards are sound and featured well. Stars guard stands out more. Brass should be close. Both have super difficult books. Percussion is also close. For tonight I have it this way:

1. Blue Stars - 73.9
  2. Phantom Regiment - 72.4
  3. Colts - 67.2
  4. Troopers - 65.5
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, awunderlich said:

I have been taking the "if you can't say some thing nice...." attitude lately

If you can’t say something nice … come sit next to me 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, jordsterr said:

This has been a fun night.  I'm really looking forward to seeing these live.  My take tonight:

Blue Stars

Phantom

Troopers 

Colts

I'd just switch Phantom and Blue Stars, but they are within a point.