Top 12 Predictions 2023 (No off topic discussion, please!)

8 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I hate when people complain about props and clutter for non top 4 groups when the top groups always have massive props that also clutter. So they answer is no props don't ruin it signed BD staging of props since 2009, Bluecoats with the giant head and car props or half pipes or stage down the middle, and Bostons whole ### boat lol.

I hate when people HATE on another person's opinion. Did I bash the Blue Stars props? No. Not in the slightest. I said I worry about some of the clutter (as it felt to me last night), and that can change fast. Like just a second reading of the show. I love their show and I think I made that abundantly clear on this thread and elsewhere last night. If someone is critical of something or worried about something (or even wondering about where the show might go) that is not complaining. Mind your own business and discuss what you enjoyed about their show. What I thought was uniquely my read on things last night. I was blown away by the Stars. Stop worrying about what I think. 

• Like 9

People are inferring it because you were responding to a direct criticism of Blue Stars' prop usage by bringing in that pretty much all prop usage is heavy.

But you do you.

• Like 2

Everyone is going to have their opinions y’all. At the end of the day, this is a wholly subjective activity; just enjoy the shows and we’ll see what happens with the scores as a secondary cherry on top.

Stars and Phantom wholly exemplify this. They have very different designs and vibes. Phantom won’t be a lot of people’s cup of tea (as demonstrated by a lot of the predictions after Concert in the Park). Blue Stars are very quirky this year and a lot of people won’t be in love with it (as evidenced by stuff last night). Judges are the same in their analysis. Everyone has thoughts and a lot of those thoughts will butt heads. That doesn’t have to be a source of animosity, it’s just difference of opinion.

Regardless, both corps are extremely talented and pushing for their first top-six finish for the first time in a long time. All in all, enjoy the shows you enjoy, feel free to share your thoughts on show designs, have thoughtful conversations with people that love this activity, and let’s have a good season!

• Like 7

On 6/27/2023 at 6:56 AM, craiga said:

So, after watching several videos over the past several days, I am more convinced than ever that Boston might very well win this year.  I am not being arrogant or snarky or putting any other team down.  I have seen BAC in person as of only a week ago, and they are in a whole different zip code than they were last year.  Certainly, nobody can deny their upward trajectory. 

Now, if BD or Bloo has also improved over their last seasons' shows, that would mean we could have quite the horse race. Based on their family day video, BD looks to be on a path to greatness again, but I am not sure they have improved year over year.

For me, Bloo continues to be a question mark. Like Boston, they have not yet released a video of their show.  I have seen leaked photos of their 2023 uniforms, but I don’t believe these to be authentic. 

So. I am pretty predicting BAC, BD and BLOO as our 2023 top 3.  

I love your enthusiasm, but you're biased, we all are, so you have to consider that in your assessment.

BD doesn't have to improve. They are the top. They are the corps to beat. It's been that way since 2007. It's not changing this year. They are what everyone else is striving to be. They have arrived at the destination. There is no where else to go.

It takes a herculean show (Crown 2015, Bluecoats 2016, Vanguard 2018) and effort to beat them, and even if you have those is place it doesn't always happen (Crown 2015). 

I hope Boston wins. I'd like to see a new champion, but I think you are getting way ahead of yourself. We haven't even seen Bluecoats, we know BD is going to be amazing, and Crown seems to have a really solid show.

Edited by DudleytheWest
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DudleytheWest said:

I love your enthusiasm, but you're biased, we all are, so you have to consider that in your assessment.

BD doesn't have to improve. They are the top. They are the corps to beat. It's been that way since 2007. It's not changing this year. They are what everyone else is striving to be. They have arrived at the destination. There is no where else to go.

It takes a herculean show (Crown 2015, Bluecoats 2016, Vanguard 2018) and effort to beat them, and even if you have those is place it doesn't always happen (Crown 2015). 

I hope Boston wins. I'd like to see a new champion, but I think you are getting way ahead of yourself. We haven't even seen Bluecoats, we know BD is going to be amazing, and Crown seems to have a really solid show.

Actually, "getting ahead of ourselves" is exactly what a prediction thread is about, is it not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Love your inputs as always Jonathan.  Isn't it refreshing that the days of debating if Regiment would make finals are in the rear view mirror - and instead we are talking about how close to or reaching 5th could be?  God Bless JD Shaw.  So excited for the DATR & then the Texas Tour to get my in person fix going for 2023!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Did I once say Blue Stars? Please point me in the direction where I said it. You are assuming I'm talking about them but guess what I sit here and talk about all groups. I think I'm just gonna log off for the season. 

DUDE, you are definitely talking about your Blue Stars. We DCPers didn't just crawl out from under a rock yesterday. You can't talk about BS objectively, nor can you read any criticism about them and stay tight-lipped. 😂

It's day 1... BS visuals will clean up and they'll be fine. Calm down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

DUDE, you are definitely talking about your Blue Stars. We DCPers didn't just crawl out from under a rock yesterday. You can't talk about BS objectively, nor can you read any criticism about them and stay tight-lipped. 😂

It's day 1... BS visuals will clean up and they'll be fine. Calm down. 

I mean you tried starting #### last year with me and there is literally a post of me criticizing them yesterday. There were plenty of posts during the thread yesterday that I didn't comment on because I didn't even see the show until someone put it on YouTube. 

maybe one day you won't hate me and we can have a drink over it 🤷 I've given my reasoning and if it's not good enough o well I'm moving on.