Top 12 Predictions 2023 (No off topic discussion, please!)

34 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

I saw their Boston standstill and I was disappointed with the writing and their sound. Personally, I don't even think they'll medal this year. 

Out here doing the lords work, are ya? Lol. I wanted to say something but didn't want to have hells fury reigned down upon me.

• Haha 4

Haven't seen a show yet.  With SCV being gone and talent sent all over I think we will see some shifts this year. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CAtenhut said:

I saw their Boston standstill and I was disappointed with the writing and their sound. Personally, I don't even think they'll medal this year. 

Sound wise Concert in the Park is a giant triangular echo chamber in downtown Boston with 30 story office buildings. With all the street traffic and the sirens of fire engines in the background, that is not the place to evaluate their sound.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Off my very limited knowledge of what each corps is doing(aside from all the various public performances/standstills/leaks) I’m very hesitant to do an outright prediction. Still gonna do it!!! but I’m also gonna combine it with tiers, and what I believe are the range of outcomes(in parentheses)for each corps. Here’s to the corps that are gonna shatter my expectations of them🥂🥂

Top 12:

Medal Contenders:

1. Bloo(1st-3rd)

2. BD(1st-3rd)

3. Boston(1st-4th)

4. Crown(2nd-4th)

I’m hoping for a dogfight up here, very much am, all these corps are incredibly talented and look to be more consistent in every area than the corps below them. Their range of outcomes are probably the least fluctuating throughout the season and we can expect them to be in the chase for the medals/title for the whole season.

Next 4/Top 6 Contenders:

5. Cadets(5th-7th)

6. Blue Stars(5th-7th) 

7. Phantom(5th-9th)

8. Cavaliers(5th-9th)

This area is probably going to be the most zig-zaggy in terms of results for each corps, especially with Mandarins potentially sliding in and adding more flux to results when they start competing with the rest of this tier later in the season. These corps will meet fairly often in the early season. Very curious to see where they place amongst each other!

Final 4/Finals Contenders:

9. Mandarins(7th-10th)

10. Blue Knights(9th-13th)

11. Troopers(10th-14th)

12. Crossmen(11th-14th)

So hard to know what happens in this bubble area, it was incredibly tight competition last year for those final coveted spots, honorable mentions to Colts who’ll put up a TOUGH fight to keep their spot! Madison, Spirit and more potentially might play in the mix, who knows?

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TOC said:

So, should they break 70 their first time out?

Your question was not directed to me, but I'll take a stab at it and guess..... Yes.

I've had the luxury of seeing/ hearing the full show on the field live, ie brass, percussion, guard, visuals, staging, props, etc, so  yes, they will break 70 1st time out this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Off my very limited knowledge of what each corps is doing(aside from all the various public performances/standstills/leaks) I’m very hesitant to do an outright prediction. Still gonna do it!!! but I’m also gonna combine it with tiers, and what I believe are the range of outcomes(in parentheses)for each corps. Here’s to the corps that are gonna shatter my expectations of them🥂🥂

Top 12:

Medal Contenders:

1. Bloo(1st-3rd)

2. BD(1st-3rd)

3. Boston(1st-4th)

4. Crown(2nd-4th)

I’m hoping for a dogfight up here, very much am, all these corps are incredibly talented and look to be more consistent in every area than the corps below them. Their range of outcomes are probably the least fluctuating throughout the season and we can expect them to be in the chase for the medals/title for the whole season.

Next 4/Top 6 Contenders:

5. Cadets(5th-7th)

6. Blue Stars(5th-7th) 

7. Phantom(5th-9th)

8. Cavaliers(5th-9th)

This area is probably going to be the most zig-zaggy in terms of results for each corps, especially with Mandarins potentially sliding in and adding more flux to results when they start competing with the rest of this tier later in the season. These corps will meet fairly often in the early season. Very curious to see where they place amongst each other!

9. Mandarins(7th-10th)

11. Troopers(10th-14th)

12. Crossmen(11th-14th)

So hard to know what happens in this bubble area, it was incredibly tight competition last year for those final coveted spots, honorable mentions to Colts who’ll put up a TOUGH fight to keep their spot! Madison, Spirit and more potentially might play in the mix, who knows?

Very fair assessment!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Top 12:

Medal Contenders:

1. Bloo(1st-3rd)

2. BD(1st-3rd)

3. Boston(1st-4th)

4. Crown(2nd-4th)

Next 4/Top 6 Contenders:

5. Cadets(5th-7th)

6. Blue Stars(5th-7th) 

7. Phantom(5th-9th)

8. Cavaliers(5th-9th)

9. Mandarins(7th-10th)

11. Troopers(10th-14th)

12. Crossmen(11th-14th)

Very fair assessment. However, having seen and heard Colts, you MAY change things up. This DCI season is going to be epic!!!!

• Like 2

Just now, OldSchoolCorps said:

Very fair assessment. However, having seen and heard Colts, you MAY change things up. This DCI season is going to be epic!!!!

Putting Colts in my prediction was essentially a coin flip for me, I can’t go back and edit, gotta stay firm😤but peep into a different dimension where I’m typing this prediction out, I very well could’ve had Colts in there instead of Crossmen. My range of outcomes for them, in my mind, would be where Troopers are, 10th-14th. I haven’t been able to hear or see any of what they’ve been up to, so I’m very excited to see what they’re cooking up!!

• Like 1