DCI Central Indiana 2023

Just now, Jim Alberty said:

So "Exogenesis" means "the hypothesis that life originated elsewhere in the universe and was spread to Earth" and I may be overthinking (as usual) but I don't see how this show expresses that.....unless it's just a cool-sounding word that covers their design.....frankly I don't care...they're just so good....

Consider the very beginning of the show in those pods. The way they open up and the corps comes out of them. It's like them landing on earth and exploring. 

4 minutes ago, Cop said:

Phantom's guard is lightyears over last season.  It makes me happy to watch em twirl.
Excellent for June.  I love the entire corps 

Truly, they’re killing it this year. 

• Like 2

Some really good ballads this year which pleases me

Just now, Jim Alberty said:

So "Exogenesis" means "the hypothesis that life originated elsewhere in the universe and was spread to Earth" and I may be overthinking (as usual) but I don't see how this show expresses that.....unless it's just a cool-sounding word that covers their design.....frankly I don't care...they're just so good....

There's Alien (the movie) visual references in the opening for me.  Those things totally look like face hugger eggs hatching as they spiral out of them.   

Then the metallic look has a sci-fi vibe for me through it too.  As does a lot of the sound effects through the show.  

The hand motions with claws and such are sort of Alien calls too.  

8 minutes ago, jordsterr said:

I love the Cavs show!  The callbacks are great, and I hope they keep adding. I would love to see the ninja jump over thing.

Prime spot right after the opener when the 2 lines meet at the 50

• Like 1