DCI Central Indiana 2023

28 minutes ago, brians said:

more judging anomalies!!!!  I truly dont think the judges can wrap their mind around what they are actually seeing or hearing from the Blue Stars this year.  Everyone can see /hear it!!!   It is really inexcusable.!!!!!!!  especially the horn and MA scores and overall spreads ... Makes you wonder is there something going on with them???????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????

It is only second show of season and first view by judges.  Stop  nitpicking over the  recaps and just enjoy  the journey. Beth is a top judge that the Blue Stars will probably see two  dozen times this  season.  Judging anomalies occur almost every night but in the end the placements are usually correct. There was a judges critique last night  so the staffs could plead their cases and they probably good feedback from the judges.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DCI Fan 9287928734 said:

I'm no prude by any stretch, but does anyone else find it a bit odd that a corps made up of mostly under-21 members is doing a show about a 90-150 proof liquor?

I’m glad I read up on the Blue Stars show before seeing it live last night.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DCI Fan 9287928734 said:

I'm no prude by any stretch, but does anyone else find it a bit odd that a corps made up of mostly under-21 members is doing a show about a 90-150 proof liquor?

Nope. When it's an activity that has had several issues with member safety and harassment in its history, a show theme about liquor falls very low on my list of concerns or oddities.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, DCI Fan 9287928734 said:

My artist friend asked, "Why are they using straws and spoons?"

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, DCI Fan 9287928734 said:

You never knew me as a teenager

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, spacewill said:

BOLD Prediction! Love it, imagine what the forums would be like if this happened.  Phantom forum would blow up with medal talk and Crown forum would blow up with "fire their director" talk (even though it's his first year, ha).  

It would have been fun! I was only really off on Crown's score. Everything else was really close.

Phantom Regiment  I said 72.2  They got 72.55, Carolina Crown I said 71.5 they got 75, Cavaliers I said 70.8 they got 70.1, Blue Stars I said 70.3 they got 70.45, Trooper I said 67.1 they got 66.5, Colts I said 65.9 they got 65.85. Not too shabby if you ask me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2023 at 1:29 PM, Hook'emCavies said:

I believe in the Green Machine!!

This year you can. I think 5th place. So far. Behind Bloo, Blue, Boston, and Crown

• Thanks 1