Which corps seems to be benefitting the most from SCV’s departure?

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Now what the Mandarins DO HAVE is alot of the kids who marched Gold last year with my son. Quite a few of them made the jump to WC and went up north to Sacramento. That I know for a fact.

You don't say Jack!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Seems like maybe Mandarins, given their proximity. Anyone know where the SCV vets went?

Just heard from my son. He said there is only a few SCV vets in the corps. In fact, he said there is more kids from SCVC, about ten of them. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Ah yes, our champions. 🫶🏽

Well deserved champions. SCVC was amazing last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As someone said earlier nobody really benefits from not having Santa Clara on the field this summer. Certainly not the fans. In terms of placement then anyone below the top 4 benefits in a small way because they can perhaps achieve a placement 1 notch up from last year (or maybe more). Someone noted the corps fighting for the 12th, 13th, 14th places benefit because someone may make Finals that would not have if SCV marched. 

But in the end we are talking about a LEGENDARY drum corps that is missing. I fail to see any upside to that. It's just another sign that finances are critical and funding this activity is becoming more difficult by the day. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I texted my son and asked him. Waiting on his reply. I don't think Mandarins have as many as some think. 

The Mandarins explosion this season has been boiling and brewing the last few seasons. I think they were getting slept on by some east of the Mississippi.

Now what the Mandarins DO HAVE is alot of the kids who marched Gold last year. Quite a few of them made the jump to WC and went up north to Sacramento. 

Yeah, Mandarins will be the next new medalist. I'd bet a large sum of money on that. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Word on the street is they scattered fairly evenly, with only small clumps going to specific corps together. Heard that much of the drumline is sitting this season out, waiting for a return in 24 so they can stick with the Rennicks.

Sitting out would be taking quite a chance not know with any certainty, SCV will be back in 24, or that the Rennicks would be back with them.  A more sensible approach might have been to go somewhere to get a seasons more experience in, and be even better prepared to return to SCV, if that happens for SCV, more than sitting out a season would do.

• Like 1