Which corps seems to be benefitting the most from SCV’s departure?

Phantom and Cadets for sure, just because both were given an easier path to the top-six as a result. Phantom even more so thanks to the amount of veterans and staff that moved to Rockford.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

Seems like maybe Mandarins, given their proximity. Anyone know where the SCV vets went?

You seem to still be in the mindset of 30-40 years ago when a corps’ “hometown” actually meant something. Proximity to Santa Clara has nothing to do with it when members are coming from far and wide. Mandarins likely benefited no more than any other corps.

• Like 5

Didn't we have one parent posting here who said his kid was lined up for SCV and ended up at Cadets?  Kids audition remotely and hop a plane for camps anymore.

• Like 2

To my knowledge, Boston got one SCV brass vet (from Texas) and also picked up an SCV staff person.  If I recall,  BAC had already begun emailing membership contracts when SCV pulled the plug. 

• Like 1

I texted my son and asked him. Waiting on his reply. I don't think Mandarins have as many as some think. 

The Mandarins explosion this season has been boiling and brewing the last few seasons. I think they were getting slept on by some east of the Mississippi.

Now what the Mandarins DO HAVE is alot of the kids who marched Gold last year. Quite a few of them made the jump to WC and went up north to Sacramento. 

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, NewArpege said:

Phantom maybe?  Their show seems like they’ve slotted into the SCV position.

Edited by Chief Guns

9 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I think they were getting slept on by some east of the Mississippi

Oh, I wouldn't be so sure of that. There's a corps from La Crosse, WI who never slept on the Mandarins during their Class A/A-60 and Div II and III years together. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, corps8294 said:

Oh, I wouldn't be so sure of that. There's a corps from La Crosse, WI who never slept on the Mandarins during their Class A/A-60 and Div II and III years together. 

That's why I said some, not all. 

But I hear you. 

And I LOVE what BS is doing this year. They mean business this year too!!! Phenomenal corps!

• Like 1