Corn on DeKalb

I am curious to see how the Genesis/Crossmen/Madison/Colts/Troopers sort out.  With Genesis & Crossmen having first performance, & Madison having previous judge input & several practice days stage may be set for Madison outscoring Genesis & Crossmen.  Also interesting to see spread between Colts & Troopers, & whether Troopers can gain on Cavaliers. 

16 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

First of all: great discussion thread title! 👍

I’m most interested to see the gap between PR and BAC tonight. Something tells me that PR can make some noise this year with their show. I saw them in Muncie and really enjoyed their show. They’ve got a certain swag in them this year that can catapult them in the standings. Can they make it a top FIVE this year?  We’ll see…

Phantom has an entertaining show, and more importantly they have attitude and showmanship. I really like what they are doing this year and expect them to keep it close to the top 4.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billj said:

Not liking the 50% chance of rain that's now showing on the 8-11pm forecast, but let's hope it holds off. 

NOAA forecast 60% showers & t-storms mainly after 2am.  Maybe they'll be correct.  AccuWeather is pretty consistent but sometimes they seem overplay their hourly percentages.  The computer models are also having a hard time predicting this weird weather pattern.  Great show; fingers crossed.   From NOAA:    

Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. North northeast wind around 5 mph becoming south in the afternoon. 

Tonight
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. West wind around 5 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Edited by keystone3ply
cx

2 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

First of all: great discussion thread title! 👍

Ditto… That’s my vote for show thread title of the year award 😁

• Thanks 1

The Taco Bell immediately south of the stadium on Lincoln Highway will be slammed tonight with corps staff.

Bring it!

2 hours ago, mcjordansc said:

It looks to me that Dekalb, Whitewater, and La Crosse will all have good drum corps weather for their shows this weekend. 

So will Fresno, Pasadena, Stanford, and Roseville/Sacramento! 😆 

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

Not a fan of that wall of rain moving eastward toward DeKalb… it should slowly weaken and dissipate, but it seems to be holding together for now. Everyone turn to the west and blow!

It's tracking thru Rock Falls now so it might pass before step off.  Or maybe a short delay?