Fresno? FresYES! (MidCal Champions Showcase)

1 minute ago, dcsnare93 said:

You get a 99, and you get a 99, everyone gets a 99!

If BDC didn't have to be in bed by 8pm, they would have been there to get a 99 too lol. 

• Haha 3

Blue Devils...A Big WOW tonight. Yes they have some work to do with the closer to really bring this production home but holy cow is the first 3/4 of the show fantastic! So strong across all captions and the ballad is gorgeous. Brass and percussion are just fantastic! Love it!

• Like 3

After watching all the shows. I think BD succeeds so much because the way the designers stage and expose all sections. A lot of people complain about the lack of marching but look at all the details. It’s a lot of complexity. It’s a cross between marching and theater. 

• Like 7

Very dangerous thing when BD has a uniquely talented membership (even by their standards) that’s not afraid to have fun, IMHO. These kids are loving and owning their show. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Dmiggles said:

After watching all the shows. I think BD succeeds so much because the way the designers stage and expose all sections. A lot of people complain about the lack of marching but look at all the details. It’s a lot of complexity. It’s a cross between marching and theater. 

I never watch multi cam. But I did tonight and I was blown away from all the little details. From how they peel in/out of form to the interaction between musicians and guard. Chef’s kiss.

• Like 3

Weighing in next morning. I am with those who are blown away by front half of BD show and are waiting for the second half to develop more.

Others didn’t seem to have this issue but I don’t think I got a good read on any of these Fresno shows, especially musically - others commented the mic pickup or mix was very treble-heavy. The sound was much better from DeKalb. Anyway, to me there was a flatness to all the shows from Fresno. Looking forward to getting a live read on them.

• Like 3