Devils Crusade(rs) and Sin Along The Rockies 23

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I am wondering that as well.  BD ST in Wyoming probably helps them build stamina as well.  Like Mt Everest base camp.  But with music & better food.  

BD trained in WY? That definitely builds stamina.  Looking forward to this match between BAC and BD. I’ll be cutting BAC a lot of slack personally. Been through the altitude thing. It can take weeks to adjust… and then you feel like a super hero

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

BAC is directly on after BD. Performance order never seems to doing anything for BD, but one never knows. Maybe a BAC upset tonight?  Probably won’t happen but if it does, wow!

I don’t know how many members of Boston were in Boston last season but if I were the staff, I would be firing them all up saying  we ie Boston didn’t leave the best show on the field last year against Blue  Devils in Allentown or Finals , so now is your chance 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

West Coast inflation is a term that has existed as long as DCI - I remember hearing it in the late 70s.  There may have been something to it back in the (pre-1984) tick era. 

These days, in theory, if judges use the sheets as they have been trained to, an 80.00 in California should be the same as an 80.00 in Boston.   In practice, there is enough slack in the system that individual preferences can creep into the scores.   And this has existed for a long time too - I remember an article by a GE judge in DCW (late 70s) where he was talking about a critique session after a DCI regional he had judged.  He suggested something BD could change to make a form read better, and the BD instructor replied ‘George O. likes it the way it is, and he is judging finals’.  

I have no idea what you wrote, 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Ediker said:

BD trained in WY? That definitely builds stamina.  Looking forward to this match between BAC and BD. I’ll be cutting BAC a lot of slack personally. Been through the altitude thing. It can take weeks to adjust… and then you feel like a super hero

It's interesting you say that. Because I remember back in 2013 when Crown beat BD at DATR, a BD honk who no longer post here on DCP said almost exactly what you just said regarding altitude.

And this forum ate him alive.

Things I remember being said......."No excuses!!!.............. Crown won, BD lost deal with it......................Oh look, BD fans trying to justify their loss to Crown by saying they couldn't breathe................Altitude isn't an excuse as everyone has to perform in it....................Not our fault BD isn't in as good as shape as the Crown performers."

Certainly not bashing you or Crown in anyway shape or form. I am speaking more in general.

It's just interesting how a narrative can shift pending the corps we support/ root for. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is going to be a fun show! BD and BAC have great shows and mutual respect, and BAC came oh so close to beating BD last year at one show. Hard to predict their first meeting and not having seen both shows live but my best guess is BD by 1-1.25 points, giving the nod to defending champ and scores so far, but nothing would surprise me. Seems like forever since I’ve seen White Whale. Can’t wait to see how close Mandarins finish. And of course we must see where Troopers finish relative to corps above and below them - looking pretty solid vs. PC but which way is momentum going?

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

It's interesting you say that. Because I remember back in 2013 when Crown beat BD at DATR, a BD honk who no longer post here on DCP said almost exactly what you just said regarding altitude.

And this forum ate him alive.

Things I remember being said......."No excuses!!!.............. Crown won, BD lost deal with it......................Oh look, BD fans trying to justify their loss to Crown by saying they couldn't breathe................Altitude isn't an excuse as everyone has to perform in it....................Not our fault BD isn't in as good as shape as the Crown performers."

Certainly not bashing you or Crown in anyway shape or form. I am speaking more in general.

It's just interesting how a narrative can shift pending the corps we support/ root for. 

You won't hear any altitude excuses from Boston tonight!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

I don’t know how many members of Boston were in Boston last season but if I were the staff, I would be firing them all up saying  we ie Boston didn’t leave the best show on the field last year against Blue  Devils in Allentown or Finals , so now is your chance 😁

And if I was on the BD staff, I would be reminding the members that the last time we went head-to-head against the big boys (2022 Finals Night) we didn't have a good run that night, and we found ourselves in 3rd in a couple of performance captions despite getting the win. 

Come out tonight, step on throats, don't let up, leave no doubt, and don't leave it in the hands of the judges. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1