Devils Crusade(rs) and Sin Along The Rockies 23

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

I genuinely think BD will do a clean sweep of all the caption awards this season. It's that kind of year. Their book across the board in all sections is just bonkers compared to what they've put out the past few years. They just need to continue to clean, clean, clean

I agree with you. They are just too good. It's like WTF do Bluecoats, Crown and Boston have to do to compete with BD? They are, all three, so amazingly good. I mean, how can they get better?

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

I genuinely think BD will do a clean sweep of all the caption awards this season. It's that kind of year. Their book across the board in all sections is just bonkers compared to what they've put out the past few years. They just need to continue to clean, clean, clean

I agreed. I really said the same thing. They're so strong in all captions compared to their past offerings. So it's up to them to clean the beast and sweep.

• Like 1

Just now, greg_orangecounty said:

What year did DCI start awarding titles for best guard?  Anyone know?

Well, math tells me they started at least by 2000 or so. 

But seriously, guard getting a big caption value on the score sheets is relatively recent; idk how they were choosing top guard beforehand but somehow they did

1 minute ago, jordsterr said:

was marching Star in 86, and I don't remember them being booed, but we were jealous that they kept beating us 🤣

I was fortunate to go to Garfield in 87 and 88.  Great years for drum corps!

Yeah, well I just heard there was booing which sounded strange to me. You'll all beat them several times in '86. I loved that Star show.

Wow, what a show to march '87 Garfield. To this day, my two favorite shows are '87 Vanguard and '87 Garfield. I still hum Appalachian Spring all the time.

I remember the only time we saw you in '88 during the season, at Morgantown, WVA. We were in the stands watching you (I was a rookie). As your show went on, the mood of the vets got worse and worse, and I just heard mumblings from them about how you were destroying us. When scores were announced you had 89.0 and we had an 88.9. That was such an unbelievable thrill. As a Jr. Scout watching Garfield, particularly in '84, '85 and '87 I could never imagine that I would ever be as good as Garfield, much less end up beating them.

Your '88 show is HUGELY underrated. Such a brilliant show. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

A lot, I think. I hate that BD wins. I want to see BD 4th or 7th or 10th. I like seeing new corps win and the top corps struggle from time to time. It's so boring that they win all the time, but I'd rather have it be boring and fair than exciting and unfair.

In 2021, I was happy to see that drum corps could still be awesome without competition. I'm getting old, and I'm kind of over the numbers.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, jordsterr said:

It's amazing how people perceive things differently.  I felt exactly the opposite.  As soon as Boston started, I felt badly that they had to follow BD and have those sounds go head to head.  BAC is indeed wonderful,  but this BD corps is on another level.  Of course, it's all subjective anyway.  Overall, great year for drum corps!

Let me guess, your not impartial, from California and a huge BD fan? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

A lot, I think. I hate that BD wins. I want to see BD 4th or 7th or 10th. I like seeing new corps win and the top corps struggle from time to time. It's so boring that they win all the time, but I'd rather have it be boring and fair than exciting and unfair.

I would like to see same, but because there are 10+ Corps performing at the level BD performs.  Give the judges a real challenge- imagine what it would be like if everyone was on that level. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Dmiggles said:

Looking at the content numbers alone (over achievement numbers), the gap should be bigger between 1 and 2. Broken Arrow can’t come any sooner. Fun year for DCI ❤️

NO!!  The sooner it comes, the sooner drum corps is over....and school starts!!! 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2