Devils Crusade(rs) and Sin Along The Rockies 23

I think BAC can give it way harder than they gave it tonight (especially the brassline) so the fact that they were so close despite that is the real story for me. I’m telling you folks, you’re underestimating BAC et al for real! BAC’s wave effects are awesome, btw. The sequence during the whale song — chef’s kiss.

My BD looked mighty good. The scores make me nervous that they’re peaking early, but honestly, the performances don’t. Lots of room to grow. 

Digging the small changes to the “Incidents” drill, too, during the fugue. Love how they keep adding content as the season goes on and love that these MMs are so game. 

Mandarin’s want 5th so bad!!! I foresee a bloodbath bwah ha ha. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, brassboy said:

She’s INCREDIBLE! When I first saw her doing that opening choreo, I just assumed she was a guard member dressed like the brass. When I found out she was actually a mello who ALSO does guard/movement, I was 🤯

Aww, thank you! Her heart is with Mello, but she actually did winter guard for 3 years in high school, and in her senior marching band season she did 1/2 mello 1/2 guard with a costume change.

I was really hoping that when she went off to drum corps, they would find some way to use both talents. MY mind was blown when I heard the news. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MikeBD said:

Name me 10 plus corps.  You either know nothing about drum corps or are blinded by your hatred for BD.  I assume it’s some of both. 

Why would it be bad if 

BAC, Bluecoats, Crown, Phantom, Mandarins, Cadets, Blue Stars, Cavaliers, Troopers, Colts, PC, SoA, Madison, Academy, Crossmen, Blue Knights, Genesis, Seattle Cascades 

and more were performing at same level as Blue Devils are performing.  The members would be having a wonderful educational experience and the fans would be treated to amazing shows.   Why would this be bad?

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, jmc5682 said:

I do not quite understand why you were surprised.  BD's guard is great this year.  I think BD and Boston have the two best guards in drum corps this year.  I will not be surprised if BD wins the Zingali this year.  I also would not be confused if Boston wins guard either.  It will go to whichever guard is the most consistent come Finals week, I personally think all the caption awards should go to the the corps who wins the caption on the night of Finals.  I hated when they started averaging quarters, semis and Finals. Finals it what matters, right?

6 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Let's keep it real, it depends on who wins the caption on Saturday night as to what we (In general) want when it comes to averaging captions or not. 

2016 BD didn't win Guard but took the caption on Finals night. Couple of people said caption winner should be finals only, DCP lost their **** and said "No! Caption should be how you do all three nights."

But last year BD took the Ott, but not first in Finals night in brass, people flipped the script and now said caption winners should be Finals night only. 

Basically whatever BD does, we want the opposite. 

I am an advocate for caption awards going to the average of the three nights. The caption awards should be the best of the best. And that means consistently the best. The championship trophy goes to who performs the best on finals, but the captions should reward who was the best. 

• Like 3

I will say I was actually surprised to see Boston as close as they were last night. I felt it was going to be a bigger spread. 

To everyone out here upset about it, just sit down and take an honest look at BD. Look at how their style of movement is. Look at how each performer adopts that style. Listen to the insane chord structures the hornline is playing. Listen to the pit and how intense their music is. Listen to the drumline. Watch the demand added to the performers. BD knows how to get performances out of the members. They know how to train them in their style and what they want. They are an ensemble that consistently performs at the top of the game always. Very rarely are there major issues during a performance. If you can't see and understand than, then you do have just too much bias against them.

And as stated earlier, it would be totally awesome if there were 10 corps performing at BD's level. It's already amazing alone this year the talent we have across the corps. I don't remember the last time this many shows were this amazing top to bottom. This is a great year for drum corps and DCI needed this many corps to be this good. This is how DCI survives. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

I have bad news for BD fans.  I like BD's show this year!  When that happens, they almost always do not win.  

Well the good news for us BD fans, is the last seven times BD had my favorite battery of that particular season dating back to 1996.........they won. They are by far my favorite battery this year.

• Like 3