Devils Crusade(rs) and Sin Along The Rockies 23

Just getting home from seeing friends. …What’d I miss? 🤪

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cop said:

BD closer marching a rifle line and saber line.  Each line is co-gender.
Usually, it is all male and all female.   
strongest members where they need to be.  
Good call BD

I noticed this too. Also true earlier in the show — true throughout. Not usual for them! Weird, if anything, that they were so late to adapt this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I would like to see same, but because there are 10+ Corps performing at the level BD performs.  Give the judges a real challenge- imagine what it would be like if everyone was on that level. 

Name me 10 plus corps.  You either know nothing about drum corps or are blinded by your hatred for BD.  I assume it’s some of both. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

Name me 10 plus corps.  You either know nothing about drum corps or are blinded by your hatred for BD.  I assume it’s some of both. 

I think you need to go back and read the earlier convo. I think s/he's just saying they're tired of BD winning and judges have an easy job cuz BD is so good, and would prefer to see 10 corps all equally good to see different winners and really challange judges. It'll never happen, but I think the was the point. 

Edited by CAtenhut
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MandarinMom said:

Mine is the OG sinner. She starts it all. Your welcome.

She’s INCREDIBLE! When I first saw her doing that opening choreo, I just assumed she was a guard member dressed like the brass. When I found out she was actually a mello who ALSO does guard/movement, I was 🤯

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dmiggles said:

Looking at the content numbers alone (over achievement numbers), the gap should be bigger between 1 and 2. Broken Arrow can’t come any sooner. Fun year for DCI ❤️

It will get bigger.  BD is very dirty still.  I think this is one of the years BD will take Gold and the silver medalist will be at least 2.5 points behind come Finals.  BD is just so good in every section.  I cannot wait until they have their real ending though, because right now it is like the show just stops before any ending.  It is a big letdown, but I know that is going to be changing in a couple weeks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Super Don-O said:

Devils took all captions, including guard which is a head scratcher to me

I do not quite understand why you were surprised.  BD's guard is great this year.  I think BD and Boston have the two best guards in drum corps this year.  I will not be surprised if BD wins the Zingali this year.  I also would not be confused if Boston wins guard either.  It will go to whichever guard is the most consistent come Finals week, I personally think all the caption awards should go to the the corps who wins the caption on the night of Finals.  I hated when they started averaging quarters, semis and Finals. Finals it what matters, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jmc5682 said:

I do not quite understand why you were surprised.  BD's guard is great this year.  I think BD and Boston have the two best guards in drum corps this year.  I will not be surprised if BD wins the Zingali this year.  I also would not be confused if Boston wins guard either.  It will go to whichever guard is the most consistent come Finals week, I personally think all the caption awards should go to the the corps who wins the caption on the night of Finals.  I hated when they started averaging quarters, semis and Finals. Finals it what matters, right?

Let's keep it real, it depends on who wins the caption on Saturday night as to what we (In general) want when it comes to averaging captions or not. 

2016 BD didn't win Guard but took the caption on Finals night. Couple of people said caption winner should be finals only, DCP lost their **** and said "No! Caption should be how you do all three nights."

But last year BD took the Ott, but not first in Finals night in brass, people flipped the script and now said caption winners should be Finals night only. 

Basically whatever BD does, we want the opposite. 

• Like 6