Broken Arrow 18 July 2023 - the Show, not the Accident (nor the Movie)

I love Boston’s show … but I did notice some staggered breathing issues tonight … very uncharacteristic 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

This is the first show I’ve gotten to watch this year. Honestly, I’m very disappointed in the quality of shows this year compared to last year. I might be alone in that feeling, but I haven’t seen much tonight that has really excited me.

Cadets sounded great! I hate their uniforms, but I can get past that. 
Boston and Bluecoats were just so boring to me. Crown was nice, and I enjoyed most of that show. Blue Stars have some nice moments. I’ve seen BD and I enjoy it. 

Edited by Trumpet98
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

can't say i love it. pretty clean, drums are great, drill is neat, but theres nothing here i am really grabbing ahold of in terms of enjoyment. i wouldn't quite call it a nothing burger, but it's not all that interesting imho. 

• Like 3

Boston has historically put on some of my favorite shows, but I can’t say I’ve really loved any of them in this new era where they are competing at the top (including this year’s). But man … they are so freaking talented. The step up they’ve taken over the last five years is incredible and should be a model studied by all other WC corps looking to move up in the rankings. And they did it in the midst of a pandemic. Incredible.

• Like 6

i really appreciate the parts where boston are playing and moving.  they're booking it while playing some nasty stuff.  especially the end of the opener and in a couple sections of on the waterfront.  those will be high impact moments when they're cleaned up.  wow.  

i also wonder if crown, bloo, boston, or BD will have a new ending for SA. 

• Like 1

Honestly the campy and innuendo silly bits read to me very much like Melville’s book. My English prof in college explained it to us as, “You read this as a serious psychological study of obsession and survival, you can read this as a rollicking sea tale, you can read this as an extended series of middle school dick jokes. There’s probably other ways to read it too. Have fun!”

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluesman said:

Watching Bluecoats and Boston back to back makes the contrast in show design very stark. Boston has a very safe show, almost old fashioned when compared to Bluecoats or even their own show from last year.

That’s what everyone said last year! Boston was also about half the volume of Bloo at finals. But hey, they can both do different things really well. 

• Like 2

Best crowd reaction of the night? Seemed so. (Boston)

• Like 4