Houston show that's actually Tomball

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

This is the most Broken City show I e ever seen on a field

Heh. My eye and ear have recalled the Bloom trilogy more than once this season.  

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Another hot take the masses will disagree with … Crown needs a fresh take in brass writing 

Could say that about any corps with a long-time arranger. Eventually Bloo’s shows filled with ostinatos will start feeling same-y as well. I do agree that certain aspects of Klesch’s arranging could use a refresh 

As long as the hornline sounds as good as it does though, I doubt many will complain 

• Like 2

Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

I actually don't mind Crown this season. Really nice things going in in terms of their hornline (yeah what a surprise lol!!!) 

Lots of moments that reminded me of Crown in the late 2000s and early 2010s. Keep it up Crown!

If this is the winner this year, i would be perfectly fine with it 😊

Visually Crown is cleaner right now than they were at finals last year.  This is a good show, but I wish the design team challenged the members more.  They've obviously got the talent for it.

I want to see King Arthur run up to the podium and run the drum major through with a sword.
Then a guard member puts the crown on his head and he conducts the corps to the end to a cheering crowd.

Am I reaching here? 🙂

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1