MURFREESBORO MASHUP JULY 28

9 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

This ballad is gorgeous. This is the YEAR OF GREAT BALLADS.

Yes.  So many great ballads this year it's hard to pick a favorite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Triple Forte said:

Cadets are so dirty  Visually right now I don’t know why but they are very unsure looking on their feet.

I really like the show. I would love to see it go far.   Come on cadets, clean up the feet and the forms. 

Yes, lots of individual-level visual dirt (intervals, missing spots, technique). I hope they focus on this over the next week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KRtrumpet182 said:

Cadets new ending is AWESOME!!! Clean the feet up with time and it's gonna be even better. Musically the Cadets are so incredibly strong this year. 

I don’t know why, but I feel like this is one of those years were cadets will really lay one down in Allentown 😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I’m sad that so many people seem down on Cadets because i find their show very fun this year. I’m liking the post-pandemic era for the Cadets. The modernity is there but the history is there too. 

I like it a lot, especially musically, just find the pacing off and the visual program has some problems their direct competition does not.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ediblewaffles said:

I think most of the down feelings are to the “uniforms” this year

Those alone can make or break attitudes towards a show 

Seeing them in person I think the uniforms look entirely appropriate for the show.

• Like 1

Okay as an alumni I nearly cried at the badly needed ending drill - sooo much better. Sure, it’s very dirty but they are putting it out and I like it! That whole is killing me tho. 

• Like 5

The Cadets
- Very powerful and physical body moves at the intro
- Huge opening hit in the brass after an excellent percussion intro musically
- about 2 or 3 brass holes tonight
- Brass can really play - and in tune
- props were moved very well heading into the trumpet feature in ballad 1
- ballad is just gorgeous. Focussed with climactic build and real resonance
- percussion sounds fantastic. Oh basses...very nice. Bring that out more. 
- big interval problems in the trumpets especially. May be due to the missing players tonight but plenty to clean with this visual book. 
- staging and effectiveness with the music is wonderful
- ballad 2 is great but when they break out of the first form as the music builds they need to go to a different form at the end. The music is pushing forward so don't go backward visually and bring that form up a smidge and into something different
- OH HOLY WOW!!!! The last part of the closer...YES that will be nice. Much better build to end the show. Music even changed a little and I love the field covereage. Not clean at all but that ending could knock the house down. Yes Yes Yes!!!! 
- Still a few weak moments, mostly just before ballad 2, but in the grand scheme of things the visual intervals and leg work need to be cleaned big time. That will bump up the GE scores on what is already a very compelling and engaging musical show. The closer felt like a real Garfield ending. 🙂

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

It's their best show since at least 2015 if not 2011.

Now wait a dang second you better show a little respect for that Christmas show, they ate that show up — yes it was stupid, ignore that part. 

I love 2013 too. Yes the props were very 🤪😛🙈. But still! 

• Like 1