Hotlanta On My Mind - July 29, 2023

2 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

The Blue Devils do need to clean up that closer...and that's about all I got for critique. 

I mean, we are talking marching excellence at a different level. The visual analysis of this show is superb. The brass and percussion were on FIRE tonight. If you listen closely to intervals, key signatures, range, articulations, and the agility to handle those crazy licks then you can appreciate just how good that brass line is. Much better performance tonight.  I love the dynamic contrast they put into the ballad push that I don't think I heard last night. 

The show feels so smooth and so seamlessly put together. Congrats to the design team once again. I thought their guard was again outstanding and I love the content. It felt like a clinic tonight. 

The show is everything you say. It’s just the same BD show we’ve seen over and over again. I’m not criticizing at all, it is Blue Devils.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6

Are we supposed to be hearing the stadium mic again....?  I know we can look up the scores, but something satisfying about hearing them announced!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Shows with more meaning?  You mean like a show about a complicated and meaningful concept like tilt?

Or maybe one about a whale?  

if you will put your snark away, no. i mean shows like BC this year or last, shows about love and personal growth and real meaningful concepts, or PR last year. i do like fun shows but sometimes i wish i could get a meaningful concept from a corps i think could pull it off well. 

• Like 1

I think next year someone needs to design a show in the same exact style as BD. Visual body movement and everything. Just to see what happens. And to see if it forces BD to do something new 

• Haha 1