Hotlanta On My Mind - July 29, 2023

Just now, brassboy said:

If I had to bet on it, I'd say it was a time issue. Their show is nearly 14 minutes and they only get 17 minutes for setup, performance and exit. 

whoa, their show is really that long??? i love them LOL 

While I believe all the guards are improved this year, I am puzzled why both regionals and an additional show had the same color guard judge, Brahan, and she is a rookie judge. Her placements just do not seem to compare with other judges at other shows and content should not be based on preferred style. Body under tosses, not catching conventionally, the fact that all members are constantly contributing, difficulty, demand, etc., should be taken into consideration. Boston CG is better than what they were given.

• Confused 4

54 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Idk where you learned math but BD is 1.925 points head tonight. And BD doesn't slow down. They don't stop. The gap may get a teeny bit closer at finals, but BD has this season in the bag. 

Then I guess there's no reason for me to go to Indy.  I'll be posting my DCI Super 3 package tickets on the DCP Marketplace soon. Section 140 Row 7 Seats 9 & 10.  Extra Finals ticket 139/7/10.

See you next season.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Spin-it said:

While I believe all the guards are improved this year, I am puzzled why both regionals and an additional show had the same color guard judge, Brahan, and she is a rookie judge. Her placements just do not seem to compare with other judges at other shows and content should not be based on preferred style. Body under tosses, not catching conventionally, the fact that all members are constantly contributing, difficulty, demand, etc., should be taken into consideration. Boston CG is better than what they were given.

I can’t speak to this one judge’s merits but BAC guard has not consistently been on top this season, score-wise, so it’s not just her. BD BAC Crown Bloo guards are all in the mix, deservingly. BAC is a little rough around the edges in some ways, but I like that, personally. I don’t think that bodes anything for finals week, though. The talent and the book are 100% there and we all know they know how to bring it when it counts. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, brassboy said:

If I had to bet on it, I'd say it was a time issue. Their show is nearly 14 minutes and they only get 17 minutes for setup, performance and exit. 

Yep. But seeing the Bluecoats props backfield from the Blue Devils props was quite the site. I thought maybe it took too long for Bloo to get off the field. 

5 minutes ago, brassboy said:

At least during San Antonio it was around 13:40.

Are there rules about how long the actual shows can be or is it all fair game so long as they set up/clear out in time?