Still Crum-bling on the hill in Allentown - August 5, 2023

1 hour ago, martin84 said:

That's a great tidbit of information.  I've tried to get a good look to see if she was playing a cornet but could never tell for sure.

My husband Mar he'd with the  coronet owner back in the  Garfield days.   It's wazoo's coronet. 

This is a bit off topic (forgive me), but, for reasons I can't quite remember, I missed watching anything from the 2018 season in real time. Managed to track down videos from most of the finalists, though, and was watching them this afternoon before the show started. 2018 was a freaking amazing season and I really regret that I missed it. So many corps doing really unique shows that parted from their usual style. Babylon, of course, was incredible. But so many of the other finalist shows were also amazing. I particularly loved BK's arrangement of Rite of Spring. Haven't been able to find a good video of that one though, just a rehearsal video.

I'm tempted to buy the Blu-ray, but am worried that a lot of it will be silent. Has anyone bought it and able to comment on quality?

Its a shame that, after all these years, DCI still hasn't found a way to get the archive back up. Seems like they've given up on ever making it available again. And with the death of the Blu-ray's, it seems like a lot of those amazing past shows are just going to be lost to history. There's got to be a better solution.

Just now, treved said:

they’re saying for score purposes, not a day of practice purposes. They’re saying saturday scores should realistically be higher than Friday because Saturday corps had a rehearsal day on Friday. 

And the other corps had rehearsal on Thursday where some corps were in a show Thursday.  So no “extra” rehearsals.  That thinking would say Bloo had less because they had a show Thursday and Friday.

Finally. Finally we're living up to that "Any Given Night" dream. Indy is going to be amazing.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I appreciate BD a lot but this feels good after reading the another level no competition too good for DCI stuff BLAH BLAH BLAH all season.  

They’re the favorite to win still for sure, someone has to do the job and BD finishes the season better than anyone out there, but would love to see someone else take it all next week.  If they win by two points again you won’t see any ill will from me but yawn.  I want drama.  There are three VERY hungry corps behind them.  Would be amazing and well earned if one of them would do the job.  There is one I would prefer to do it and one I would also be fine with, but nice to seemingly see four vastly different approaches in contention.  

Wait a second … somebody bet me a six pack that BD was going to two point Boston, Crown and Bloo.  I need to look that up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

Blue Devils won only 2 captions, tied another, and their fans will still not accept that they can be conquered this season. This is probably the most competitive season of the activity in over 10 years. Amazing how much has changed in one week. 

2019 was pretty insane, albeit really a 2 horse race

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

Blue Devils won only 2 captions, tied another, and their fans will still not accept that they can be conquered this season. This is probably the most competitive season of the activity in over 10 years. Amazing how much has changed in one week. 

Not sure who you're referring to, but I accept it just fine.  May the best corps win, regardless of who it is.  I simply said closing the gap on Devs, and beating them, are two different things. 

• Like 1

Just now, LabMaster said:

And the other corps had rehearsal on Thursday where some corps were in a show Thursday.  So no “extra” rehearsals.  That thinking would say Bloo had less because they had a show Thursday and Friday.

Do corps not improve their shows on performance days? If they perform 5 days in a row, is it not typical for them to improve their score every night?