Still Crum-bling on the hill in Allentown - August 5, 2023

8 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Which is why there will be an argument in about 14 hours whether Corps X score from Friday, being higher than Corps Y score from Saturday means Corps X beat Corps Y.  

The answer depends on whether you are a fan or Corps X or a fan of Corps Y.  

Arguments on DCP???? No Way!!! 🤣

If they had a combined recap, I would say yes. Since it's separate recaps, then no. Although it will be interesting to see what one panel thinks about all the groups.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Arguments on DCP???? No Way!!! 🤣

If they had a combined recap, I would say yes. Since it's separate recaps, then no. Although it will be interesting to see what one panel thinks about all the groups.

May have to fire up Excel & produce a combined recap. 

Heh.  We do this every year.  It's another Allentown tradition!

My hangup with comparing the shows, even though they're the same panel is that judges can't do the "go back and adjust numbers" between the two shows.  So they're effectively judged separately.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Heh.  We do this every year.  It's another Allentown tradition!

My hangup with comparing the shows, even though they're the same panel is that judges can't do the "go back and adjust numbers" between the two shows.  So they're effectively judged separately.  

I agree. The scores and captions can be interesting for discussions and predictions, but the two nights can be very different. Will I feel the same way if BAC scores 98.65 compared to BD’s 95.775? Probably not. Then it will be fine to compare the two nights.🙂

• Like 1

My gut feeling for this evening  . . .

The stars will align tonight for Boston.  The Allentown crowd will drive Crusaders and their fans upward to touch the sky. 
                                                     🌟

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Which is why there will be an argument in about 14 hours whether Corps X score from Friday, being higher than Corps Y score from Saturday means Corps X beat Corps Y.  

The answer depends on whether you are a fan or Corps X or a fan of Corps Y.  

Judges can now go back and assign/adjust their scores after seeing all corps... except for Allentown. The fact that they already gave their scores for the Friday shows instead of finalizing scores after both nights means this should not be considered one 2-day regional. They should wait til tonight before announcing all scores if they want to make it work properly.

Turner's Vis Prof scores especially confused me. He left very little room for tonight's 5 corps that could potentially fall between Cavies and Bluecoats.

Edited by CAtenhut
  • Like 4

Hey hey hey hey. It hasn’t been 14 hours yet!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fred Windish said:

My gut feeling for this evening  . . .

The stars will align tonight for Boston.  The Allentown crowd will drive Crusaders and their fans upward to touch the sky. 
                                                     🌟

Thar she blows!🐳

• Like 3