DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

On my home theater set up phantoms Hornline Was a bit fatiguing.

I just noticed that only the players in white push the props around...    sinners mleaving them to do all the work   😛 

It’s an interesting comparison of Phantoms fullness in the brass sound to the flexibility and clarity of the Mandarins brass. 

I almost felt like it was a step back, and then the clarity of some of these lines really hit me. 

Edited by Hirsbrunner
  • Like 1

Dang Mandarins plays with such confidence. And I absolutely love the costuming of this show, reminds me a whole lot of Angels and Demons.

Guard is SO physical. This is a smoking show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Dcivago said:

It is a problem from the overall effect of the music. Would be better with the Horns and less amp. Who cares about the judges though? The show has pop and effect  

But what I’m saying is that if it was the case that it is affecting the overall effect of the music, the judges would mention it during critique. It doesn’t seem like the judges agree that it is affecting the clarity of the show 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Y’all would have been stunned by Carmel HS in 1987. Our director said, “looks like they sprayed them in glue and marched them through the Nashville sequin mines.”

Nono to sequins. Unless designers finally get a clue and learn about the latest sequin tech... which is actually pretty cool. Otherwise, leave them in the 80s.