DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

7 minutes ago, NewArpege said:

BC has put out some of the most memorable shows over the past decade, for sure. They’ve snatched the cool jazz corp title from BD on many occasions.

Sounds like it's time for BD to do another Phenomenon of Cool or Summer Train Blues Mix and remind everyone who runs the yard in Jazz. 

Even better, 1991 or 1993 BD shows. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NewArpege said:

Why is the Semi-Finals thread locked?

It's... not?

(Oh, I see a duplicate thread further down - the active thread is a pinned post and it looks like the dup got locked.)

38 minutes ago, NewArpege said:

BC has put out some of the most memorable shows over the past decade, for sure. They’ve snatched the cool jazz corp title from BD on many occasions.

Wonder if they’ll give us a good jagged line type show again. I love to see that with their current talent levels. 

A jazz show would be amazing. Session 44 is one of my all time favorites.

A tech show would also be eye popping, think Tron meets Oppenheimer. The modern Machine.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gjramsey said:

our theater sounded good most of the night, they had it nice and loud and drowned out the next door theater.   We did have crackling sound at times from one of the right side speakers at points in almost every show, and sometimes from the center channel speaker.   we could not figure out if it was from the feed or speakers, since it was so inconsistent

I wonder how the neighboring theater-goers felt about that.

10 hours ago, MarimbaManiac said:

Really, because one music judge disagreed with the others last night, and changed who won the music caption. 

All 4 GE judges disagreed last night. 

Colorguard judges have disagreed all season. 

Percussion judges have disagreed all season. 

All of those things are possible.

You notice I'm not talking about visual...because BD is going to win visual hands down. There is no other option, they will win visual (but maybe not guard). 

GE, Music, Percussion, Guard shifts are all possible AND plausible. That's the difference. 

Edited by Vuitton

20 hours ago, MarimbaManiac said:

Very well reasoned response. 

Not surprising, your general perspective is "because I said so" and not anything to do with the actual numbers, but go off sis.

Excuse me! Why ain't my phone ringing? I was expecting a call from you.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1