Wow, no one wants to discuss VANGUARD?

36 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

They are returning next year. Expect an announcement soon. Yes!

Great! I miss them. I wish everything goes very well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lawdn said:

Thanks, I had missed this information. There isn’t a lot there to discuss, and it seems generic enough they could have released it earlier. I wish SCV well, but I haven’t seen anything to convince that they have the right people in place to navigate a long route back.

BD and other corps are already advertising auditions for 2024. Even have camp dates for those. I see nothing SCV is doing for 2024 other than to say.....um....we're kinda here?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

BD and other corps are already advertising auditions for 2024. Even have camp dates for those. I see nothing SCV is doing for 2024 other than to say.....um....we're kinda here?

Agree! While I can understand SCV maybe holding off on their announcement until AFTER Indy, I still don't know if they have enough things/people in place to be ready to go next season. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

It's not that we don't want to discuss Vanguard or we don't want to have a thread to discuss Vanguard, it's the fact that people don't know how to act in public.

discussion implies that participants have already done their homework, and bring thoughtful insight to the conversation.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Update to SCV BoD (that’s the headline folks)… drumroll please… we talked to Dan A. Other than that we’re still looking for someone to take over leadership. 
How many months ago was someone put into the “temporary interm” position? Know I’ve been out of the loop but one of the premier corps having problems find new leadership? 🤔

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

discussion implies that participants have already done their homework, and bring thoughtful insight to the conversation.  

And willing to discuss the subject and not people they disagree with.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

Sure Jan.

Yeah, I’m not too optimistic here. Even if they return, what is this Vanguard going to look like? How successful will they be? They are my favorite corps. I idolized them in Jr. Scouts and well beyond. But, I just wonder how their recruiting is going to go after how they handled last year. I’m not sure I would be willing to take a chance on them vs finding a spot in another top tier corps. We’ll see, but I wish them the best. I do miss them. The season isn’t the same without them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

They are returning next year. Expect an announcement soon. Yes!

That’s wonderful news. I read their update. Hopefully the financials were CPA audited reviews and proves solvency. No doubt SCV has ample revenue streams to support the main corps at least. DCI is better with a healthy SCV. 

• Like 3