The Cavaliers 2024

On 4/3/2024 at 10:56 PM, alextiger said:

Pretty sure I saw a band catalog years ago (almost certainly Fred J Miller) that had the classic cavalier uniform in multiple colors including red.    The princess Ann fabulous marching cavaliers is the closest real world example I could find.  Generic red jacket with a sash and black Aussie.   It’s my day off and I’m bored. 

There was a HS band in northern Virginia in 2000s that had green uniforms identical to Cavaliers.  

Saw a different HS band in Hampton Roads that attempted a direct lift of the 007 show.  Key word is attempted. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There was a HS band in northern Virginia in 2000s that had green uniforms identical to Cavaliers.  

Gaffney HS in South Carolina wore a black and gold version of The Cavaliers’ uniform for many years. Panther Creek HS in North Carolina wore a black and Columbia blue version. I’m sure there are plenty of others. I’m not mad about it. At least we can still see that iconic look somewhere since we’ll probably never see The Cavaliers wear the look again for an actual competitive performance. 

A lot of bands had 'copy and switch to school colors' uniforms from the DCI 'iconic uniform' era.  Ours were an orange jacket/brown pants version of the Blue Devils classic.

15 hours ago, crownisking said:

Gaffney HS in South Carolina wore a black and gold version of The Cavaliers’ uniform for many years. Panther Creek HS in North Carolina wore a black and Columbia blue version. I’m sure there are plenty of others. I’m not mad about it. At least we can still see that iconic look somewhere since we’ll probably never see The Cavaliers wear the look again for an actual competitive performance. 

I'd describe the Gaffney HS uniform more as a p!ss yellow than gold...

1 hour ago, Jimmyjames said:

I'd describe the Gaffney HS uniform more as a p!ss yellow than gold...

If memory serves, their jackets were about the same shade as most other schools that use gold. I believe Gaffney HS uses the Vegas Gold now but in years’ past they went with a shade closer to what some would consider to be yellow. 

LOL, you didn’t go to Byrnes or Dorman (or one of the other upstate high schools Gaffney used to routinely terrorize on the football field) did you? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

If memory serves, their jackets were about the same shade as most other schools that use gold. I believe Gaffney HS uses the Vegas Gold now but in years’ past they went with a shade closer to what some would consider to be yellow. 

LOL, you didn’t go to Byrnes or Dorman (or one of the other upstate high schools Gaffney used to routinely terrorize on the football field) did you? 

No. I actually went to a small school with a band that would routinely beat the pants off their band. The program was in rough shape back in my day.  However, you would be correct when it came to sports. 

22 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Why?  

Yeah, exactly. Anything going on that no one apparently knows about? 

• Like 1

This place is overrun with negativity. Literally every thread, someone hijacks with negativity. In this thread about the cavaliers - some random person suggests that they "have a feeling" the corps is next to ceae operations, with no information. Just negativity for negativities sake.  

For the good of the activity, shut this place down until the summer when there is actual discussion here. 

Edited by olddrummer34
  • Like 2