Bluecoats 2024

On 1/4/2024 at 11:53 AM, MikeN said:

The last decade of Bluecoats programming has absolutely transformed drum corps shows in general.  2016 of course is the one everyone points to, but their development of electronics and soundscapes has also filtered down to just about everyone.  I'm glad the last couple of years they finally tacked into the wind after sailing along with it for a while, as they're one the few corps that keeps me coming back to see something new!

Mike

In a very basic sense, bluecoats tend to stick with a similar type of show for two years, and then completely turn direction.  There were definitely similarities between 22 and 23 in the overall flow , staging…etc.  

Is 24 going to bring a big Change in direction for a show choice?   My guess is yes 😁

• Like 5

All I want from Bloo24 is for them to REALLY go outside the box with their music selections. I just wanna see Thrower/Rarick go absolutely CRAZY in 2024, ya know?

On 1/28/2024 at 10:10 AM, Sideways said:

Still waiting for Coats take on The Talking Heads…so much potential lol.

I can't say I've ever imagined a Talking Heads drum corps show before, but I'm picturing it now, and it's spectacular. There's even so many ideas for unique choreography and visuals based on some of the dances they do in their music videos. I would be 100% down for this.

Edited by An_drew
  • Like 2

Thrower is Canuckian. A Rush show is long overdue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Thrower is Canuckian. A Rush show is long overdue

0UB1002

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

This was on the DCI page this morning.  I absolutely love this.  I think it was worth going deaf.  Vocals done this well work. https://fb.watch/q4Dz6Vjvgf/?

Loved that show.  Did you freeze fram when they show the DM and find yourself in the crowd?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/29/2024 at 1:37 PM, An_drew said:

All I want from Bloo24 is for them to REALLY go outside the box with their music selections. I just wanna see Thrower/Rarick go absolutely CRAZY in 2024, ya know?

I can't say I've ever imagined a Talking Heads drum corps show before, but I'm picturing it now, and it's spectacular. There's even so many ideas for unique choreography and visuals based on some of the dances they do in their music videos. I would be 100% down for this.

Same.  Have you seen them perform live bitd?  The whole production they'd do felt almost operatic.  There's so much rhythm built into their work and so much melodic ostinato, I think it would lend itself well to today's DCI.

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

This was on the DCI page this morning.  I absolutely love this.  I think it was worth going deaf.  Vocals done this well work. https://fb.watch/q4Dz6Vjvgf/?

I cut singing in drum corps a whole lot of slack when the voice sounds like that young lady. That was mahvelous. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Olivia was amazing … for my money the best vocalist in DCI ever

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4