Madison Scouts 2024

16 hours ago, Vuitton said:

Thank you. The alumni blame hurts my feelings.

And, once again, what people read on here is the TINIEST fraction of the alumni. How many of us are there? Six to ten? Most alumni I'm in contact with are similar to me.  We don't want Malaguena back, we don't want the old uniforms back, we don't want all male back. We want Madison back, and we can have it - with other genders and with modernization. 

As others have said, we used to be one, if not THE, most popular corps. The crowds went nuts for Madison. It didn't matter what we placed. They were well desgined shows that were entertaining. Plenty of corps still have well designed and entertaining shows. Madison has neither. I agree the music book was good this year, but when the visual is so bad, GE is then bad, and the overall show just doesn't sell.

I said this all along. Madison could still be Madison even with no longer be all male and in fact I’m sure the other genders that audition were wanting to go to Madison to be that “style” of entertaining, innovative, loud and in your face. But the design just didn’t quite get them there this past year. 

On 9/5/2023 at 12:10 PM, fighterkit said:

I can tell that I am not wanted in this space so I will be leaving this thread and let you argue and tear each other apart. 

Don't leave. DCP needs your good thinking and voice. Not a great thing for another poster to reference your age (though I think that person didn't intend to be offensive about the age). As these pages aptly demonstrate, wisdom isn't a function just of age.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Don't leave. DCP needs your good thinking and voice. Not a great thing for another poster to reference your age (though I think that person didn't intend to be offensive about the age). As these pages aptly demonstrate, wisdom isn't a function just of age.

I think he was only referring to this thread

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MM2006 said:

Jeremy Hunt new drill writer for scouts. 

New PC a friend of Boermas… 

Well I hope Jeremy can can push Madison hard even though they aren’t all male anymore 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Well I hope Jeremy can can push Madison hard even though they aren’t all male anymore 

Was he with Madison before?

3 hours ago, rmurrey74 said:

Getting off topic but…

I remember watching the PBS broadcast back in the 70’s when Maynard Ferguson stated something to the effect that women were physiologically limited when it came to brass playing. Even my 14 year old self was like WTF?