Carolina Crown 2024

I heard the opener back in January but I didn’t recognize the music and couldn’t ascertain a theme from just listening to it. Only thing I can say for certain is it sounded dark and a little ominous. Mello part was tasty from what I remember. Of course this could have changed since then so I’m just waiting until I can see them in person. Can’t wait to hear what Mackey cooked up for them

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Mad Mello said:

I didn't care for 2022 at all when I first watched it online. In person I was blown away. The crowd reaction in Indy was great.

That was true for me as well watching Crown & The Cadets online.  But when I experienced them live. 🙌

There's no comparison watching these shows online vs live & 'in person'.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

I heard the opener back in January but I didn’t recognize the music and couldn’t ascertain a theme from just listening to it. Only thing I can say for certain is it sounded dark and a little ominous. Mello part was tasty from what I remember. Of course this could have changed since then so I’m just waiting until I can see them in person. Can’t wait to hear what Mackey cooked up for them

I’m yearning for a super dark show this year. I feel like it’s been some time since we had a great one in the top mix. 

What made you think it sounded ominous?  Lots of low brass?  Was it aggressive?  I’m dying for these themes to come out already. 😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I can almost guarantee that whatever Mackey cooks up is going to be dark, as I mentioned before, because that is what he excels at and that is something that Crown excels at. My hope that is even though Matt Harlof is the new residing head director for Avon HS he still has the time to put into Crown, after all he isn't just the brass caption head there anymore. He also oversees the percussion caption as well now. I want crown to go all out this year, they really have an opportunity to take the field by storm this year after the success they had last year. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

I can almost guarantee that whatever Mackey cooks up is going to be dark, as I mentioned before, because that is what he excels at and that is something that Crown excels at. My hope that is even though Matt Harlof is the new residing head director for Avon HS he still has the time to put into Crown, after all he isn't just the brass caption head there anymore. He also oversees the percussion caption as well now. I want crown to go all out this year, they really have an opportunity to take the field by storm this year after the success they had last year. 

Definitely want Crown to come out guns ablaze and a clear front runner from day 1. Hopefully, they’ll have elevated their show design, drill, and props this year too. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NewArpege said:

I’m yearning for a super dark show this year. I feel like it’s been some time since we had a great one in the top mix. 

What made you think it sounded ominous?  Lots of low brass?  Was it aggressive?  I’m dying for these themes to come out already. 😂 

Aggressive definitely from what I recall. Battery was going for it. Sounded like a minor key so that definitely made it sound darker. Wish I could have figured out a theme but it’s difficult hearing only one movement in audition camps. Maybe we will get more intel after this weekend if someone goes up to watch on Sunday 

• Like 6

Can't wait to hear how this weekends camp goes!  Safe travels to all.  Crazy to think move ins are less than a month away.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DAYGO said:

Can't wait to hear how this weekends camp goes!  Safe travels to all.  Crazy to think move ins are less than a month away.  

For sure. Maybe I've kept myself busier than usual this year but the off season has flown by!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAYGO said:

Hope your son has safe travels this weekend brother. Dre is catching his flight to Sacramento this afternoon. Getting excited! DCI Season is almost upon us!

• Like 6