The Staff Merry-go-round

32 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

They’re also super behind the ball on recruitment and getting audition camps set up. Plus as far as it is known, they’re still in non compliance with the state of CA as a non profit which prevents them from soliciting donations. Trust me, it’s highly unlikely they’re fielding next year 

Understood.  I interpreted your original post as meaning the SCV will never field a corps again. 

6 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

At some point someone’s gonna retire lol

Well yeah....John Meehan and Dave Gibbs both have been almost nowhere else.  But one thing BD did very well in John's case was giving him a ton of time with Wayne to learn the ropes of the job....the transition was a years-long thing, hen e why it was so smooth and didn't inturrupt the operation if the corps.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

The most significant staff change in DCI...who replaces Dan?

Speaking of Dan, there was a sweet moment early before semis or finals, (I forget which night; probably finals), that he & his family were on the field taking some pictures. He took his grandchildren to the Colts logo at midfield to take some extra pictures.  It was really a very sweet & cool moment. 💙

11 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

@DCI-86not sure if you're updating the OP but per Madison thread - program coordinator and drill writer out

i've updated the initial post, will do that with all confirmed staff changes

• Like 1

The difference between 1 and 2-4 this year was design - not talent, instruction, or execution.

For Crown and BAC, both corps need a show design re-think. They executed the heck out of their productions. But the contrast between them and BD was evident. 
As for Bluecoats, their design is becoming stale. They were a little too cute the first half of their show as brass played so little until the ballad. They killed the 2nd half but a little too late to top BD. 

At the top, it always comes down to show design. 

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Understood.  I interpreted your original post as meaning the SCV will never field a corps again. 

the longer they're gone the harder it will be

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Was speaking more of SCV. How do we know they have the finances? Wasn’t that the main reason they did not perform this season?

Gotcha! Guess we’ll find out if we ever see the day they return. 

Now back to the discussion topic…

8 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

Well yeah....John Meehan and Dave Gibbs both have been almost nowhere else.  But one thing BD did very well in John's case was giving him a ton of time with Wayne to learn the ropes of the job....the transition was a years-long thing, hen e why it was so smooth and didn't inturrupt the operation if the corps.

I think John was learning from his dad Jack a lot longer than he was learning from Wayne.

• Haha 1