The Staff Merry-go-round

9 hours ago, arabica said:

Really quiet in the known "free agents" so far this year. Does that mean everyone is just keeping tighter lips than usual, or that corps are hedging their bets with the teams they already have?

To me, the big decision that certain corps would make is "should I replace somebody with SCV designer/instructor X?" Assuming SCV folks are indeed going to be free agents.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 12:10 AM, BlueStainGlass said:

Finals night should be like boa top/bottom 6 randomized so judges don't know which is in which spot. 

They did this several years back with the "Champions" competition. As I recall there were about 7 (?) corps that competed during the tour in 7 special competitions. The performance order was set so each corps would march first, last, and every spot in between over the course of the 7 shows.

I seem to recall performance order didn't really matter much, but my mind can be a bit hazy these days. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

They did this several years back with the "Champions" competition. As I recall there were about 7 (?) corps that competed during the tour in 7 special competitions. The performance order was set so each corps would march first, last, and every spot in between over the course of the 7 shows.

I seem to recall performance order didn't really matter much, but my mind can be a bit hazy these days. 

That's not my point. I don't care who wins it's about not knowing who is winning going into finals. So after semis you have your bottom 6 and top 6 randomly drawn.  You could do it for the whole prelims list and into semifinals. We would never have known that Boston, crown, and Bluecoats were so close until scores were announced. Gives award ceremony more meaning

I don't know if I'm allowed to disclose this or not, but it's too shocking to keep quiet.

No one is hiring me to be on their staff.

There, I said it.

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, troopers1 said:

I don't know if I'm allowed to disclose this or not, but it's too shocking to keep quiet.

There, I said it.

nobody is hiring me either, but if your show is alcohol themed, I am your man for production design. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, troopers1 said:

There, I said it.

Hahaha. Felt

On 8/18/2023 at 3:40 PM, troopers1 said:

There, I said it.

You know the same is true for me. No one is hiring me even though I have all the answers and solutions a drum corps could want. The problem? My answers don’t match the questions and my solutions do not match the problems.🙂

• Haha 2