Mandarins 2024

Hoping whatever comes next year cements Mandarins' status as an "edgy band". We really need one of those here in California, the high school bands using backdrops of the night sky and thinking they're the new Edgar Allan Poe aren't doing anything for me

• Like 1

Mandarins just released their 2024 program titled “Wash away your sins”. Get ready for the tumbling in the closer - I hear they are incorporating large drying machine like props with a costume change at the end that cleanses their 2023 sins. 

So we know the Mandarins had 42 age outs the other night. 

Any of you awesome people able to get a break down of how many age outs per instrument.........trumpets, mello's, etc......?

I just saw an Aged Out Reacts video on YT of the Mandarins battery. TJ Choquette was a guest on this video and he actually consults for the Mandarins percussion. He mentioned they only had ONE returning member from the battery... ONE!! And from what I can tell, it was their center snare. He said they had two guys from Blue Stars and one from Blue Knights, but that was all of the "top 12" experience they had. I can't imagine a top 12 corps practically losing their entire battery like this and coming out even stronger the next year. That is pretty impressive growth and results considering how green that battery was.

I do know two of their 2022 Basses went to Bluecoats, but not sure what happened to the rest.

I'd be curious to see if a lot of these guys will come back in 2024 like @Chief Guns said the brass is discussing.

Edited by CAtenhut
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

I just saw an Aged Out Reacts video on YT of the Mandarins battery. TJ Choquette was a guest on this video and he actually consults for the Mandarins percussion. He mentioned they only had ONE returning member from the battery... ONE!! And from what I can tell, it was their center snare. He said they had two guys from Blue Stars and one from Blue Knights, but that was all of the "top 12" experience they had. I can't imagine a top 12 corps practically losing their entire battery like this and coming out even stronger the next year. That is pretty impressive growth and results considering how green that battery was.

I do know two of their 2022 Basses went to Bluecoats, but not sure what happened to the rest.

I'd be curious to see if a lot of these guys will come back in 2024 like @Chief Guns said the brass is discussing.

Yea that's the next step for the Mandarins. Going from the word "Feeder" to the words "Destination and Retention."

A show like Sinnerman can help make that happen. 

• Like 4

On 8/14/2023 at 9:16 PM, Chief Guns said:

So we know the Mandarins had 42 age outs the other night. 

Any of you awesome people able to get a break down of how many age outs per instrument.........trumpets, mello's, etc......?

Did your son age out?  If not, how many more years does he have to help Mandarins win first championship?

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Did your son age out?  If not, how many more years does he have to help Mandarins win first championship?

He has two more years. His age out year is 2025. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

This weekend is an audition camp. 

I wish everyone well and hope that they have an amazing time. 

I also have a student auditioning so I hope they do well

• Like 6

• 2 months later...