Phantom Regiment 2024

Last year the Phanathon appears to have been in May. Tony Hall's video revealing the show is dated May 12.

3 hours ago, drumhead31 said:

Last year the Phanathon appears to have been in May. Tony Hall's video revealing the show is dated May 12.

I thought it happened before then, and was announced for people who registered. Then announced to the public separately. 

13 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

We need to get back to Phantom before my buddy @Sutasaurus gets mad at me.  😂 

One more thing, though.  I found out my Dad served in Korea when they installed his gravestone. It said Korea on it. What a way to find out.  My family didn’t communicate well. 

I could never be mad at you my dear. I❤️ Ms. Terri…..don’t let Jim get jealous!😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 3/26/2024 at 9:18 PM, Terri Schehr said:

It is like pulling teeth to get them to talk about their experiences.  I didn’t even know my father had served in Korea until after he had passed away.  I knew he’d been in (West) Germany but he never talked about Korea.  I can only surmise that he saw a lot.

God bless your Grandfather. 

On 3/27/2024 at 1:44 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

Ditto here. Dad served (Army Corps of Engineers) in Korea during the war but only talked about when he was in Canada working on part of the Defense Early Warning (DEW line) system. Thank goodness for MASH as pieces started coming out while watching (Kimpo airfield was never that big when I was there).

My father-in-law was in the Army Infantry that were sent in to protect the Marines in the Battle of Chosin Reservoir where the temperatures got as low as 36 degrees below zero. About a year before his passing, we were able to get him talking about it by printing info & pictures from the internet.  The main thing I remember him telling us is that you had to keep your socks & boots dry. The survivors were called the "Frozen Chosen".  Incredible stories.

I guess relating to topic, maybe PR could perform some music from wars of this century? 🤔      

Edited by keystone3ply
Cx
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

My father-in-law was in the Army Infantry that were sent in to protect the Marines in the Battle of Chosin Reservoir where the temperatures got as low as 36 degrees below zero. About a year before his passing, we were able to get him talking about it by printing info & pictures from the internet.  The main thing I remember him telling us is that you had to keep your socks & boots dry. The survivors were called the "Frozen Chosen".  Incredible stories.

I guess relating to topic, maybe PR could perform some music from wars of this century? 🤔      

Have a family member who works at VA hospital.  Favorite patient is 96-yr old double amputee Marine who lost his legs at Chosin Reservoir.  Semper fi. 

Back on topic- have we had any hints about Phantom’s 2024 show?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

@keystone3plyfor fear of totally hijacking this thread, if you've not read "On Desperate Grounds" by Hampton Sides (https://www.csmonitor.com/Books/Book-Reviews/2018/1018/On-Desperate-Ground-chronicles-the-amazing-voyage-of-the-US-Marines-during-the-Korean-War)   then I encourage you to.  As a former Marine, my interest was obviously tied to the Corps; however, I had NO IDEA just how horrible is was for the Army unit east of the Reservoir.  This book does cover that in a detail.  This link also talks about the specific Army units involved and how they faced overwhelming odds as did the Marines:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Task_Force_Faith  By the way, the book mentions that the coldest night recorded a temperature of over -60 *without windchill* 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, scout9193 said:

@keystone3plyfor fear of totally hijacking this thread, if you've not read "On Desperate Grounds" by Hampton Sides (https://www.csmonitor.com/Books/Book-Reviews/2018/1018/On-Desperate-Ground-chronicles-the-amazing-voyage-of-the-US-Marines-during-the-Korean-War)   then I encourage you to.  As a former Marine, my interest was obviously tied to the Corps; however, I had NO IDEA just how horrible is was for the Army unit east of the Reservoir.  This book does cover that in a detail.  This link also talks about the specific Army units involved and how they faced overwhelming odds as did the Marines:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Task_Force_Faith  By the way, the book mentions that the coldest night recorded a temperature of over -60 *without windchill* 

Thanks; I'll check it out.  We have watched a great documentary on PBS that was really informative with maps, etc showing where the Marines landed on the East Coast under the protection of the Army.  It's probably still available on demand? 

But back on topic; I'm ready for PR's 2024 announcement!    

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NewArpege said:

Any rumors yet about PRs theme or music?  Excited to see what they follow up last year with!

Those in the know likely are being compelled to keep it a secret like tradition.

Trust that when it is revealed, it will knock your socks off.

And no, I am close to the corps but currently not in the know.

• Like 2