Phantom Regiment 2024

23 minutes ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

looking forward to see them continue to excel in 2024. 

One thing I hope for is a visual design that has more 'drill' focus (like 2022), and less scatter/body as visual moments.

I know their music will be great!

This is my biggest critique of this past season and I’m 99% sure we’ll see a big step forward next season. The whole visual staff has resumes that are steeped in marching-intensive shows. Gonna be very cool to see what they come up with next season now they’ve established the bent-leg technique with the potential vets.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PRomoter said:

I’m ready for another opera. So much to do prop and story wise. Their last medal was Turandot. It was solid and easy to follow. 

How about John Adams’ Dr. Atomic? Seeing how Oppenheimer is doing at the box office…… The entire corps would need to set off flash bulbs, remember those, at the end of the show for full effect. Saw it performed at Lyric Opera around 2008. It was incredible.

https://ahf.nuclearmuseum.org/ahf/history/doctor-atomic/

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

Just now, Sutasaurus said:

How about Adams’ Dr. Atomic? Seeing how Oppenheimer is doing at the box office…… The entire corps would need to set off a flash bulbs, remember those, at the end of the show for full effect. Saw it performed at Lyric Opera around 2008. It was incredible.

https://ahf.nuclearmuseum.org/ahf/history/doctor-atomic/

I got talking about flashbulbs in the Hornrank band forum remembering a Ben Davis (IN) show from the 80s when I marched against them and they were the "BD" of the ISSMA circuit.   

The response back was "do they even make flashcubes anymore?"  and... searching around it seems not. 

Its probably one of those things you could give to current MMs and ask "what do you think this is?" and get some hilarious guesses.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I got talking about flashbulbs in the Hornrank band forum remembering a Ben Davis (IN) show from the 80s when I marched against them and they were the "BD" of the ISSMA circuit.   

The response back was "do they even make flashcubes anymore?"  and... searching around it seems not. 

Its probably one of those things you could give to current MMs and ask "what do you think this is?" and get some hilarious guesses.

I suppose corps’ supplied smartphones would be a bit cost prohibitive.

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2023 at 12:26 PM, Orwellian Wiress said:

You. Go get on a corps design staff. Now. I'm getting chills just imagining Brandt Crocker say that. It would be awesome if they did some audio alterations for the announcer's voice (like Bloo did for Tilt and Kinetic Noise) and pitched/slowed his voice down

Or spirit and colts 2023 and Cadets 2011 between angels……. And demons…… THE CADETS

• Confused 1