DCI's Next Director

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not a bad choice, sure the corps directors have plenty of DC experience and the CEO has experience in other needed areas.

The down side is that he doesn’t know the history of Drum Corps, former leaders now revered or despised, etc.  Which may let some try another G7 move, or other self-serving initiative

• Like 1

He met with WC leaders yesterday but nothing leaked out? That may be a first for DCI!🙂

Though his bio does not list drum corps experience, he may have knowledge of the activity itself from a fan point of view. My guess is if he doesn’t, he still attended shows this past summer and Flo Marching was his best friend. One of Dan Acheson’s strengths was he knew many of the founders, marched in DCI in the early days, and knew the next generation of which he was a part. That was needed in the 1990’s but given the changes in the times and activity, it’s not what is needed today so an outsider with trusted allies who know the inside could be a great combo and hopefully he has the allies. I’m thinking that his credentials make him qualified for the safety issues as well as keeping DCI solid financially. Dealing with the cast of characters in DCI will be interesting. All the best to him.

• Thanks 1

This is potentially a very good hire, imo. 

His having no background experiences in Drum Corps or Marching Bands , WGI , I don’t see as any negative . His bio shows he has apparently grown youth activities and sports that desired more visibility . He seems to have contacts in the corporate world he developed as sponsors for organizations he has been with before . DCI right now needs added organizational stability , then growth of Corps , fans,  sponsorships and new income streams . He could assist in such . I welcome him and wish him well in this endeavor .

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

This is potentially a very good hire, imo. 

His having no background experiences in Drum Corps or Marching Bands , WGI , I don’t see as any negative . His bio shows he has apparently grown youth activities and sports that desired more visibility . He seems to have contacts in the corporate world he developed as sponsors for organizations he has been with before . DCI right now needs added organizational stability , then growth of Corps , fans,  sponsorships and new income streams . He could assist in such . I welcome him and wish him well in this endeavor .

Actually I agree with you. A new fresh perspective is a good thing.  At least I hope.