Number of Finals

5 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Someday I will be at a finals performance 

And when the Cavies take the field, everyone is gonna know it. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Other than '97 for the reasons I mentioned above, my other favorite was probably 2008.

Getting to see Phantom gut out a win with an amazing performance, watching them bring out Will Pitts' corpse for retreat, being part of the crowd as we erupted at the announcement of second place and then first...   

We were also treated to cavies doing a terrific samurai themed show, Crown with their incredible show Finis (still probably my favorite Crown show) and of course Bluecoats doing The Boxer.

it was a magical weekend.

• Like 3

2008 in Bloomington is my fav … Will Pitts was killed!

Runner-up 1992

Favorite location - Madison

Favorite show - Bluecoats 2019

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

And when the Cavies take the field, everyone is gonna know it. 😉

IT'S A CAN OF CORN, CAVIES!

Finals I have attended:

1982 Montreal, 1985-1987 in Madison; 1989 Kansas City, 1990 Buffalo, 1992 Madison, 1995 Buffalo; 1996-1998 Orlando; 2000 College Park, MD; 2001 Buffalo; 2003 Orlando, 2008 Bloomington (semis only); 2009-2011 Indianapolis; 2014 Indy, 2016 Indy. 

So 20 Finals total. 

Favorite Finals: 1990 in Buffalo, NY (followed by 1992, 1995, 1987, 2011, 1996, 1985)

Coldest Finals: 1992 Madison (we camped out that year and I froze my rear-end off)

Hottest Finals: One of the Orlando years...thinking 1996 or 1997

Rainiest Finals: 2003 in Orlando (I believe at Semifinals BD had to step off on the field at like 5 or 10 minutes after midnight ??)

Favorite Singular Moment: Garfield Cadets performance of Candide to end their 1985 show, followed by Phantom Regiment moving up to tie Blue Devils for 1st at Finals in 1996. I remember my buddy (a big Phantom fan) lighting up a cigar in the stadium and smoking it while we watched retreat after scores and no one saying a word to him. 

Favorite Location: Madison, WI - It's a drum corps town and on a Finals week it seemed no matter where you went for food or drink or to hang out after the shows you always met so many drum corps fans and you heard amazing stories. 

My WISH for a future DCI Finals Location: I know we are contracted with Indy for the next 10 years or so but I would love DCI Finals in Las Vegas, NV. I think that would be cool. 

• Like 1