a potential problem for stadiums everywhere....

On 9/13/2023 at 5:38 PM, arabica said:

That’s great. Less props.

Because I have no knowledge of turf stuff and, with the help of early Friday morning coffee, feel like being one of those petty posters: Props is a countable noun and should take "fewer" instead of less.

BUT (1) Grammar has been dying a long death anyway and (2) I agree that prop reduction would be great.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Because I have no knowledge of turf stuff and, with the help of early Friday morning coffee, feel like being one of those petty posters: Props is a countable noun and should take "fewer" instead of less.

BUT (1) Grammar has been dying a long death anyway and (2) I agree that prop reduction would be great.

Ahh, a grammar guy. Love it. You’re probably just laying around on a Friday. 😏

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Ahh, a grammar guy. Love it. You’re probably just laying around on a Friday. 😏

Haha. Up early because of meetings. Fridays at university have turned into no class, all meetings.

4 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

In education, we meet to set up committees to set up sub-committee meetings... 🤷‍♂️  

Just as it is in Corporate America.

Me: Hey we need to have a meeting on that. 

My Boss: Yeah we do. But first we should have a meeting to set the agenda for that meeting.

His Boss: Yes you're right. But perhaps for that meeting we need to have a pre-meeting to discuss the purpose of the meeting.

Me: Screw it, I'll figure it out myself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Just as it is in Corporate America.

Me: Hey we need to have a meeting on that. 

My Boss: Yeah we do. But first we should have a meeting to set the agenda for that meeting.

His Boss: Yes you're right. But perhaps for that meeting we need to have a pre-meeting to discuss the purpose of the meeting.

Me: Screw it, I'll figure it out myself. 

https://despair.com/collections/demotivators/products/meetings?variant=2457301507 

• Haha 2

Will the NFLPA succeed at converting all NFL stadiums (er, sorry, @mjoakes, I mean stadia) to natural grass? I don't know.

If it does succeed, will the natural-turf revolution spread all the way down through colleges to high schools? Again: No clue.

But if it is (successful), and if it does (spread), I am certain of this: The embittered, petty tyrants across America who manage HS athletic fields will receive the district administration memo in their windowless closet offices behind the cafeteria with a dark, cackling glee, and will encircle their keys and lock combinations with an even tighter clutch of the fist, raising the blood pressure of DCI tour managers beyond their already dangerous levels.

Not to generalize or anything 😉

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Yet another instance of football players ruining marching band for everyone

football rakes in far more $$ than band

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 4:03 PM, PeterGibbons said:

I don't see this happening. Most if not all of the dome NFL stadiums that do not already have grass have no practical way to have the grass outside and then be moved inside for the NFL game. Houston tried this for years and gave up. 

Don’t have to move it outside anymore:

• Like 1