Cadets Suspend for 2024

I said earlier this week that this was going to be a hard week. 

I know of one other super sad thing happening, but that might be another week or so.  

folks at Cadets (at least a few) knew this was going to happen for at least a week.   

it’s very sad.  

2 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

I said earlier this week that this was going to be a hard week. 

I know of one other super sad thing happening, but that might be another week or so.  

folks at Cadets (at least a few) knew this was going to happen for at least a week.   

it’s very sad.  

How sad is this thing you speak of....

This has been known as a likely outcome for a week.  

There is another corps announcing soon.  

it’s very sad 

https://ibb.co/tMNjRHz  

• Sad 2

Given what the Cadets have survived through tge recent past and their very successful season last summer, I thought they were to be reckoned with going forward.  I am very disappointed. 

• Like 2

The issue is simple, the cost to operate a drum corps has out-paced the revenue models that are sustainable for most orgs. Fundraising dollars are no longer enough to push 6 busses and 4 trucks down the road anymore. DCI has not done enough to contain the costs, and the writing has been on the wall for sometime now. The fact that they haven’t moved to in a direction to proactively cut costs, coupled with inflation and increases in food, fuel and housing, will make it very difficult for corps to survive another five years. This is just the beginning. To be fair, this is not solely on DCI, but they share the blame. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

In addition to Southwind?

Yes 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

The issue is simple, the cost to operate a drum corps has out-paced the revenue models that are sustainable for most orgs. Fundraising dollars are no longer enough to push 6 busses and 4 trucks down the road anymore. DCI has not done enough to contain the costs, and the writing has been on the wall for sometime now. The fact that they haven’t moved to in a direction to proactively cut costs, coupled with inflation and increases in food, fuel and housing, will make it very difficult for corps to survive another five years. This is just the beginning. To be fair, this is not solely on DCI, but they share the blame. 

We have met the enemy, and he is us.