Real ideas for sustainability & revenue

On 10/21/2023 at 12:00 PM, Gantang said:

I may be picking nits here, but I consider a sponsorship to cover the entity's cost. IE Penske Racing. It is possible to secure minor donations, but that requires a FT person working 12 months a year to cobble together $10K at a time. While $180K is nothing to sneeze at, it is a drop in the budgetary bucket for a World Class corps.

From a Jeff Ream post from May 2, 2022, referencing an interview with Tim Hinto, "the average cost to house, feed, transport and of course things like insurance is $9800 per kid", for a budget of $1,470,000. With a $5,000 dues, that still leaves $750,000 to operate for a season. 

you need all you can get. if you can find a rull ride, grab it. otherwise turning down a $10k deal is throwing away money. plus, in time, you can build relationships with that 10k that maybe it grows.

a good friend of mine is a financial advisor. one of his most loyal clients and source of referral business started out as someone walking in the door with only $25k. But he worked with them like he would someone walking in the door with 7 figures..

well that $25k turned into 7 figures, and tons of referrals. so every option available is worth trying to attract.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 8:09 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

In the past:

Railmen (Omaha(?)) were sponsored by Union Pacific railroad; had patches on uniform & logo on bass drums.  
Spirit of Atlanta was originally sponsored by an Atlanta TV station.  
Hamm’s Indians (Sr) were sponsored by Hamms brewery. 
Pioneer was sponsored by Pioneer packaging co.

I’m sure there were others.

First Federal Blue Stars.

• Like 2

I recall last year at this time some folks here criticizing Boston for accepting a $50,000 award from that chicken restaurant chain due to their political views.  Well, as follow up, I am happy to report that a member of BAC'S administration team traveled to their corporate hq last spring and gladly accepted their check.  Drum corps need to be practical as they diversify their revenue sources.

BAC will put those funds to good use.

Edited by craiga
Spelling
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, craiga said:

I recall last year at this time some folks here criticizing Boston for accepting a $50,000 award from that chicken restaurant chain due to their political views.  Well, as follow up, I am happy to report that a member of BAC'S administration team traveled to their corporate hq last spring and gladly accepted their check.  Drum corps need to be practical as they diversify their revenue sources.

Los Pollos Hermanos?

I can understand Gustavo Fring isn’t everybody’s cup of tea. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, craiga said:

I believe that money went to support IAM’s (Bostons parent org) other organization’s inner city youth music program. For free music lessons for any kid in the city.  Which they expanded to other areas of the city.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, craiga said:

Incorrect, it was not not due to the "political views" of the donor but due to the discriminatory moral and ethical actions of the donor company's owner. Pumping money to organizations that discriminate is not a political view, it's a moral disgrace. 

The company's owner is its shareholders. Some people's objections are to the company's founder. Let's be accurate.