CA Dept of Justice REJECTS SCV's as of SEP-2023 registration submission.

30 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

These constant topics make me never want to come back to this site ever again and I've gotten really close to deleting it all. We get it you don't like them and will do anything to make them look bad. It hasnt changed a single thing in the last 40 topics you've made. Can we just give it a rest. 

however he does raise serious questions about SCV's future. 

• Like 8

I dunno, I like a little drama and controversy on DCP. It's those popcorn moments that keep the place spiced up. 

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

These constant topics make me never want to come back to this site ever again and I've gotten really close to deleting it all. We get it you don't like them and will do anything to make them look bad. It hasnt changed a single thing in the last 40 topics you've made. Can we just give it a rest. 

I don’t get that feeling at all. This information needs to get out and if this is how we have to get it, that works for me. I would rather hear this from SCV, but they aren’t talking. And I don’t get the feeling anyone on here doesn’t like them. To the contrary, i hear anger and pain because they DO like them and they want change. I can’t think of discussions that are MORE important. 

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

If it’s new information I don’t see the problem. If someone doesn’t want to read about SCV they can tell by the topic it’s a thread to skip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I understand your reaction. I would love nothing more than a day to dawn when DCI and all the corps had risen to meet every safety and operational challenge and they and the activity were functioning as 100% safe, welcoming, artistically ambitious and accomplished, and financially secure. Until that day I appreciate those to try to shine light on those challenges and share information here. While the style and approach and choices of these poster may be something that not everyone agrees with all the time, I value what they bring to DCP and the activity. 

With regard to SCV specifically, I feel like they have had an extremely long time and many chances to correct these issues, and we are still struggling to understand what the organization means by transparency. I find it troubling and annoying in the extreme to see these topics popping up, but I am glad to have the info, even if less so how long the threads get.

i have an inkling of how knowledgeable you are about the activity and hiw deeply committed you are to its success, and respect that you have a different view of the best way to approach that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm not actually doing anything to make them look bad. On the contrary. This is being handed to me on a silver platter. 

I now get to say SCV leadership has lied. That is proven by their own document submissions when the State date stamped their submission when received. 

Right? This whole time going back to April-2023 when I first plastered the DOJ Delinquencies SCV leadership said they were in the clear, and merely waiting on DOJ back logs. 

That is simply a lie. 

The Vanguard Music and Performing Arts leadership is materially lying to potential donors and volunteers. 

One might try and argue my actions are financially harming SCV, but if one tries and put a number on that calculation and sue me one has to include the prohibition from soliciting and distributing donations. So whatever that number estimate is, it has to be multiplied by ZERO. 

Oh No.......... it just occurred to me. The $20K the Alumni Association will give them for donations for food while perfectly legal for a non SCV entity to give donations (unsolicited) SCV is prohibited by law from DISTRUBUTING the donations. Yea, I agree, sort of a grey area, but one they could have got themselves out of looooooooong ago. BTW, I highly doubt that money is going to go towards food. They need non Bingo income to stop paying Bingo staff illegally. That's where it's going to go. 

Naw............ if I was really out to bury SCV I wouldn't be disclosing all my moves in Forums. I'd simply act quietly and only directly with regulators without letting anyone know. If I hadn't said anything back in August they wouldn't have even bothered with the current submission attempt. 

I'm just dumfounded a CFO with an apparent strong financial background, a board with a CPA on it along with attorney(s) can't take the time to fully read the registration process, and take the time to at least review the 990s and financial statements. 

What's funny is if the latest attempt to register used the correct form, and paid the correct fee, it wouldn't have even been kicked back, and SCV might have been set up in the clear. But what happened was, it got kicked back, I was directed to the updated status, and then I ended up looking at the details and found that the 2021 audited statements have not been posted either. 

So, if indeed the 2021 audit was a mix up with the DOJ, and SCV submits a new form with correct fees then they are in the clear. However, I still get to hang my hat on the fact they had these 990's going back a year, and the Audit for 2019 (the whole reason they became delinquent) is signed and dated by the CPA Firm in April-2022. 

If I felt the CPA firm would entertain my question I would personally reach out to them and just ask: "Hey did you actually audit SCV's 2019 financials". Who knows, it's a simple yes/no question and the information is pubic domain, and for that very reason why the auditors are disclosed on 990s. 

So why did SCV sit on that audit since April-2022 when it wasn't until the following September/December they terminated the Corps, and then continue to go delinquent even in the face of me plastering it all over the internet in April-2023, and then actually not move on any corrective action until September-2023 after I plastered the additional DOJ warning at the end of August-2023. 

According to the time lines of how quickly the DOJ actually processes things, if everything SCV leadership said was true, at worst this whole mess could have been rectified by May-2023. Donations could have been flowing back into the organization, and everyone there at SCV would be having a party having successfully shutting me down. 

Does the Board even KNOW. Where is the Board getting their information about SCV's status? I'm 100% sure the Board is being shielded from anything I post or try to bring to their attention (it has been like this since day 1 of this mess, and I started out soooooooo nice, but ratcheted up my efforts at every layer uncovered). 

It's not a stretch of the imagination to think that the entire Board of Directors is going to be the most surprised when the Gambling Commission comes knocking on the door and shuts Bingo down, or the DOJ revoked their non profit status. These are scenarios SCV is not immune to with the current status of the organization and how it runs. 

Do folks even know that SCV was one year away from the IRS (the federal level) revoking SCV's non profit status simply as a function of an automated process for non profit entities that do not file three years in a row? There is no review, there is no warning. It just is, welp, you haven't filed in three years so I guess you don't exist. If I had kept my mouth shut this whole time that was going to be the first scenario to materialize. So yea, to all my haters, you are welcome.  

Anyway........................ this takes a lot out of me, and every time I make a push with something new I tell myself "this is it, I've got nothing else to disclose, and no one else to communicate it to". Then a month wont pass without some other nonsense and it gets me wound up again. 

All SCV has to do is do the job. 

Edited by Richard Lesher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Audited Financial Statements for FY2021 I claimed were a duplicate for 2019 have been removed from the DOJ site. That is an astronomically fast turn around for only using the DOJ's "message us" webpage function to communicate the error to them. 

FY2021 audited statements do not appear to have been uploaded. Only the 2019 audited statements are on there (as of 20-OCT-2023 9:30PST)

Edited by Richard Lesher
  • Sad 1