What is wrong with US?

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well...we will agree to disagree. because they were kinda transparent. but not really, especially with CEO and Ops Manager suddenly leaving

I don't think we're debating how transparent they were. You pretty much agreed that they were transparent. But that's neither here nor there. 

More importantly, I can understand wanting to know why two of the most important people had left the organization. 

6 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I don't think we're debating how transparent they were. You pretty much agreed that they were transparent. But that's neither here nor there. 

More importantly, I can understand wanting to know why two of the most important people had left the organization. 

given the many rumors swirling and watching the debacle thats been SCV, i'd expect more.

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

given the many rumors swirling and watching the debacle thats been SCV, i'd expect more.

I expect more too but I'm willing to give them a little time to get their feet back under them after losing the CEO as part of this debacle.

I want them to get it right, not to rush out information just for the sake of people who are impatient.

The decision not to tour has been made, that's the most important thing to get out quickly because it affects the kids and staff. They can't really expect a lot of new donations without providing more information and a solid plan, but expenses are also a LOT lower without doing a tour so immediately raising money isn't as urgent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dbc03 said:

I expect more too but I'm willing to give them a little time to get their feet back under them after losing the CEO as part of this debacle.

I want them to get it right, not to rush out information just for the sake of people who are impatient.

The decision not to tour has been made, that's the most important thing to get out quickly because it affects the kids and staff. They can't really expect a lot of new donations without providing more information and a solid plan, but expenses are also a LOT lower without doing a tour so immediately raising money isn't as urgent.

yes but it depends on the size of the hole they are in. lower expenses is great, but with little revenue streams, that doesn't make a dent in it. And many donors are waiting to know more. so it's a double edged sword. and it's clear at this critical juncture, the ties to the Erie region hasn't paid off financially yet

33 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

Only thing wrong with "us" are the gloomy Gus seniors who populate DCP. Drum corps is thriving, and 2024 will see the finest DCI finals ever. Estimated attendance: 24,000. Hopefully minus 50% of the regular contributors to this antiquated forum.  

So you denigrate senior DCPr’s,  you call it an antiquated forum, yet you post on the antiquated forum to the gloomy gus seniors.  Does that make you hypocritical in any way?  Possibly? Not sure why you bother to post at all.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

So you denigrate senior DCPr’s,  you call it an antiquated forum, yet you post on the antiquated forum to the gloomy gus seniors.  Does that make you hypocritical in any way?  Possibly? Not sure why you bother to post at all.

Posting to see if you get an answer. 😗

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif?ssl=1

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

don't be logical, this is DCP.

and finals attendance size is not the only indicator of the activity's health. in fact its the last thing a smart business would look at

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

Only thing wrong with "us" are the gloomy Gus seniors who populate DCP. Drum corps is thriving, and 2024 will see the finest DCI finals ever. Estimated attendance: 24,000. Hopefully minus 50% of the regular contributors to this antiquated forum.  

Drum corps is thriving? Getting harder to find housing, three top corps (counting SoA) have taken season off due to issues and expenses keep going up just like everywhere else. I’m glad for what we have and surprised the activity still exists as well as it stand today, but have to be realistic

• Like 3