Vanguard 2024

4 minutes ago, MadScout80 said:

Vanguard (defn.): “a group of people leading the way in new developments or ideas.”

Vanguard the investment firm is stuck in the stone ages and not allowing their customers to allocate into the new Bitcoin ETFs that launched last week. 

That sounds vaguely familiar.

• Haha 3

On 1/14/2024 at 12:45 PM, Jeff Ream said:

In 18 SCV had the ending, they hold off on putting it out there for a while. 

They performed it standstill as part of their encore at Stanford in 2018 - the second show of the season. The ending, drill and all, was in much more than just two weeks during the season.

I agree with Lancer - I'd rather see a complete skelton show then two-thirds of a more layered show. Changes always happen and things get added, but it sucks when you can only see these shows early season and BK and Vanguard never have the ending. DCI should heavily penalize corps for not performing a complete show (time wise). I feel jipped every year, and after 2018 I haven't been to a DCI show because I'm not going to spend my time and money to have at least two corps jip me every year.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2024 at 7:23 AM, corps8294 said:

The season starts at the end of June. There should be no reason for any corps to be fielding an incomplete show at that point.

Exactly. When I marched we had Memorial Day weekend to finish the show and our first competition was the first weekend in June, and we always had a full show. There's no reason corps can't have it done by end of June.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vuitton said:

They performed it standstill as part of their encore at Stanford in 2018 - the second show of the season. The ending, drill and all, was in much more than just two weeks during the season.

I agree with Lancer - I'd rather see a complete skelton show then two-thirds of a more layered show. Changes always happen and things get added, but it sucks when you can only see these shows early season and BK and Vanguard never have the ending. DCI should heavily penalize corps for not performing a complete show (time wise). I feel jipped every year, and after 2018 I haven't been to a DCI show because I'm not going to spend my time and money to have at least two corps jip me every year.

i understand that. unfortunately for DCI and the corps, it's all about finals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's Vanguard Mania! 

• Haha 3

lol, yeah off topic but in a nice way.

With exception of SC were the other corps Vanguard or Vanguards? 🤔 Gets confusing looking at old scores.

And kind of 😈 Long Island Sunrisers were called “Santa Flushing Vanguard” because of their music(little ahead of usual Sr music at the time) and look.

• Thanks 1

are all of the equipment deals still in place for brass and percussion? i remember seeing something about a uniform company change?

well i guess i picked a good time to do my day job

• Haha 2