Vanguard 2024

1 hour ago, Mello Dude said:

You march a full corps and TEACH what you need to win.  You have so much practice time for so little shows that go on late in the years.  There are no excuses to being able to get a great show on the field.

This will be a real challenge for the staff, particularly if they are dealing with less experienced performers than those they are accustomed to teaching. Smart writing will be key.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Kinda like when the Cadets did the Z-pull after he who shall remain nameless was fired?

Yes!  Put the focus back on the corps and its legacy instead of the adults that failed.  

• Like 2

I'll be taking a kindergarten teacher perspective. So long as the members are safe and happy, I'll just be happy they're back on the field.

Heaven knows this corps and alum have put way too much pressure on members in the past. I'm ready for that to die and just let the members do their thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ironlips said:

"From your lips...etc."

I'll buy you lunch if any corps does that.

To clarify, don’t start the season with an unfinished show if you’ve had camps, ST and a top notch staff designing and teaching.  The top 15 should start with a full show.  Beers on me if someone goes out without their full show.

• Like 1

Scheherazade 3?

Please … no retreads … be a vanguard in all its meanings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

You march a full corps and TEACH what you need to win.  You have so much practice time for so little shows that go on late in the years.  There are no excuses to being able to get a great show on the field.

design smart. teach smart. plan smart. the rest usually falls into place.

16 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Please … no retreads … be a vanguard in all its meanings.

amen. little nods to the past in a moment here and there fine. i'd be ok with the yell being back

• Like 1